1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has Ancient SoS Drop Rate Changed Recently?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Tina Small, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

It could just be that I'm having a run of bad luck, however it seems like my fishers (all of whom have at least 500-600 luck on their suits because they also mine for saltpeter) are no longer getting Ancient SoS. Has anyone who's done a bit of fishing in the last month or so seen any difference in the drop rate for these? The FAQ thread above says these drop at a rate of 1 out of every 25.

2. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same for me Tina, I have done over 100 lately without a single ancient map and my fisherman uncorks them and he's over 2000 luck. Something going on for sure.

3. MsCC

MsCC Adventurer

I also have noticed this decrease in receiving Ancient SOS bottles. Haven't had any bottle uncork to Ancient in almost 2 months and have also noticed when uncorking the bottles they do not become a scroll in my back pack but remain in bottle form. I do however get the Message (with the coordinates listed on it) but it goes right back to bottle form when I close it. Never use to do that.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I haven't noticed them turning back into bottle form. Which client are you using?

Also, I finally got an ancient SOS in the last couple of days....from a treasure chest.

5. MsCC

MsCC Adventurer

Tina, I am using the EC and this occurs when I am fishing on Siege.

6. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I opened exactly 25 bottles today. I had 1758 luck (also opened at a house in Fel - if that makes any difference.) and I had exactly one ancient sos out of the twenty five. Many did come from treasure chest if that changes anything.

Before today, it had been a while since an ancient sos.