1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone else had this on their CC from EA:

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was checking my CC bill and saw this:

All of my other month acct. subs bill from Hoensbrok, NL. This was completely different. I was wondering if anyone else had a charge like this or should I worry? PS there's no personal info in there or CC number so no one needs to go all haywire. I removed the only personal info.

2. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Nope. It was EA as usual yesterday on one of my accounts.

Perhaps the Amex was Messana's personal amex? (J/k!) :)

3. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

They have a bunch of different payment processing houses. It's fine.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well .... at least they bill you correctly... often they like to bill me from the Netherlands or from Switzerland. Which in my case results in my CC company denying the charge and then blocking my card for the weekend do to possible fraudulent activity! OMG I got billed from somewhere outside the US!!!!!! Anyway it seriously is upsetting and often irks me.

Happens 4 or 5 times a year every year since they switched to this new "account mismanagment" system of theirs.

5. Aran

That's still billing you correctly. The issue is your bank, not them.

Advisor Bacchus likes this.
  6. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That's NOT billing me correct.... I don't live overseas... I live in the USA they SHOULD bill me from the USA Not overseas... it is NOT my bank. My bank does NOT accept charges from outside the US and they shouldn't... I don't live there or go there.

BrianFreud likes this.
  7. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Totally agree.

8. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Never seen this before. Perhaps your bank is interpreting the routing number of the EA bank incorrectly when the transaction occurs?

Seems to me that if EA was billing originated from overseas they would be looking at huge trouble from the FTC for charging retail tax on the subscriptions.

9. Matthias O'Hare

Matthias O'Hare Visitor

I actually thought about reporting them to the FTC over this very issue, long ago before I wisely switched to Game Time cards to prevent dubious double charges, I would get charges for EA affiliates abroad for my subscription.

If intentional, it's a tax scheme.

10. Aran

How is that not your bank again?

11. MalagAste

No I get it 3 or 4 times every year... but then I have 9 accounts.... so it just depends. I don't know why it happens but it started ever since they went to the "Account Management" system... I've gotten so irritated about it I wrote to the CEO's of EA and told them to knock it off. Some nice fellow named Kyle assured me they were looking into it.... obviously not very well since it happened again a couple of months ago. It gets SUPER old having to call my CC company and explain to them that I really DO want to pay EA but not in Switzerland or Netherlands in the USA...

Maybe your bank is a problem Aran.... for allowing foreign transactions on your card your open to all kinds of fraud charges. Thankfully my bank keeps a close watch on my funds. I'm secure with that.

12. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

All of the charges on my account are originating in the US. The transaction IDs are all US based. If you copy and paste them into Google it should give you the name of the clearing house that the originating bank is using.

13. Aran

Some of us have financial concerns that go a bit further than "BIDEO GAEM" and occasionally need financial transactions beyond our country's borders ;)

14. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

@MalagAste: lol, sorry but your bank seems quite behind the times. Times have moved on and it's not an uncommon occurrence to be billed from outside your country of residence these days when purchasing things online. Welcome to the 21st century.

My bank has occasionally questioned similar transactions too for this very reason. Thankfully they're smart enough to realize that I am authorizing a recurring payment to Company X who may bill me from seemingly different payment houses on occasion. Once I informed them about it once, they never questioned those transactions again because regardless of location they're all for the same amount to the same company. Your bank seems less smart and I'd have got very upset/dropped them ages ago if they kept blocking the same payment for arbitrary reasons.

Blaming EA's payment system is silly. Banks should be capable of handling the necessary variety of modern payment systems and their quirks these days particularly when dealing with international businesses and online transactions. If mine didn't, I'd find a new one that does. I wouldn't get annoyed with the business billing me though. I really don't care how they work or where they bill me from nor do I want to care. It's up to my bank to adapt and handle these things without pissing me off. Thankfully, in my case, that's exactly what they do.

Aran likes this.