1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever had a stratics stalker?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by HaHa, May 26, 2009.

1. HaHa

HaHa Guest

... and is there a way to put something like a stratics restraining order on him? This is kinda a first for me, ive never had someone so infatuated with me that they bother to chase me around in game trying to get my attentions(with the exception of Queen Ed, but thats another story) and then coming to the boards and sending me love mail via PM. Its kinda creepy to be honest especially when I send him a negative type response and he answers back before i can get a pop tart warned up. I know the dude seems like a real good guy and all, but im just not wanting that type of relationship that hes obviously chasing me around for, any advice?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

I know exactly where your coming from i have a few of those too on here...its weird because every post i make hes there typing ~QQ~ right behind me it kinda gives me the creeps but hey im kinda flattered by the stalking...whatever you do let him down gently and dont crush his little heart...

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

LOL, at least 2 a year (look at when I started posting here). Apparently, between my in game play as a thief, my board PvP skills and my brief time as. Forum moderator, I have acquired a few of them. Personally none of it bothers me, as a matter of fact, it makes me laugh. I have had real life death threats, threats to have my game and Stratics accounts hacked, I have been threatend to have my company called so the poster could tell on me for posting during work hours. Its kinda silly how much little things can rile people up...but then again, it appears I have gained legendary button presser status to some folks.

Enjoy it, and enjoy making them even more upset. Or do the mature thing and ignore them (of course I could never do that myself)...la

4. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Isn't that what the ignore function is for?

5. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Whats the fun in that??

6. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

hmmm I don't have a stalker....but I always hear " please stop don't hurt me...."

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

so is HAHA's stalker Chardonnay and Chardonnay's stalker HAHA?

8. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Shhhhhhhhhhh...

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Unique personality types have stalkers....

I know I have two currently on the hook....lol

Not all Posts are responded to, as ive laid off these forumns a great deal because im finding the forumns and this game really boring anymore....but if im not responded to via the boards, its pms or Icq's....lol

whats ya gonna do?

10. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu1RP34FLXU

11. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

what... ?

12. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I knew you would rear your ugly head....right on time also.....lol

theres one down.....

as the barber sais.........--------> Next

13. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

For reals i know EXACTLY what you mean Haha, its worst when you dont even play the game and barely post on the forum, yet these stalkers keep mentioning your name, badmouthing, and creating all types of drama cause for some reason the stalker still feels insignificant compared to that person who has already tried to turn a new leaf in how he post.

Its obvious the stalkers just tries to publicaly say whatever he thinks will upset him but ultimately this person being stalked(ME) is satisfied by the fact that after this many years the stalker is still trying to upset him. It goes to show that the stalker is really upset by what happened all those years ago and just won't let it go....or can't because he is mentally and emotionally dependent on UO and stratics forum for gratification.

14. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

I call bull****...

Post Rating:2/10:loser:

15. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

You mus be gettin yo egumicatin usin all thos big werds...:loser:

16. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I didn't actually have a forum stalker, but mine was on ICQ and in game. I'm assuming he was probably high half the time he'd message me, but it got to the point where he was actually starting to scare me, so I had to block him.

He got so pissed off that he would call me every derogatory name in the book whenever he saw me in game (and he would FOLLOW me while doing so). At least I haven't heard from him since I threatened to get him banned for harassment (to prove he was crazy, he said I was the one harassing him...)

17. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVNJhV32OA

18. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I've had a Stratics Stalker for 3+ years now. Never see him in game, but let me or someone else make a post about me or my guild and he's there in a flash! At times he appears to be getting better, other times, not so much. Poor thing... hopefully someday his bitterness will end and he will find peace. :please:

19. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Your so on the edge I think even an NPC can get you to freak out and start crying , lol. Sad to be honest, but, none of us expect anything more. So whats the guild of the month there Goodguy? There a guild out there who hasnt kicked you out yet?

Ah ok, so you dont send people PMs crying ? From what im hearing your one of the top stalkers out there, and im not your only victim, lol.

20. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

*stalks kat*

21. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Kelmo stalks me, and mentions his daughters personal information as often as it allows.

22. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Meh I get peeps stalkin me all the time usually with QZ your posts and comments and YOU are too long winded or they type 'shortest post eva' at me when any post of mine is under a novel in size... or they feel that they just HAVE to state time and time again QZ........I didn't/couldn't read ALL THAT....

To wit one day I may just have to say what is on me mind like:

UR ATTENTION SPAN SUXXORS ANYHOW...

UR...STATING OF THE OBVIOUS IS OBVIOUSLY, REDUNDANTLY REDUNDANT !!

GET OVER IT, quit stalkin me, I am not, nor ever will be.... BRIEF !

:)

:loser:

23. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Can you be more specific please...

24. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

HAHA does my GM carpenter need to build ye guys a bed and a room ?

:)

25. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

More like a whip and chains with some leather attire...

26. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

No GOD FORBID that might take me a novel to achieve that more specificness ! lol

27. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

At the height of REV my stalkers consisted of about 75% of the population, i received death threats (both frothing childish rants and seriously written ones), my icq ignore list was huge and i had to turn off accepting pm's through stratics. Some of the pm's and icq's i got were hilarious, it's the one thing i really miss about U.O the crazy unhinged people who played it :)

28. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LAA9SK2sM4
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/skylark_on_siege/lolcatstuff/awesome_kirk.png

29. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

That seems to come with the territory of being the guild leader of an evil, "hated" guild. Its just that some of the crazies are a lot more unhinged than others!

lol I've had times where I've had to turn off PM's, turn off ICQ or block people, as well. My favorite is when I log on at 11 at night and there are tons of messages from players swearing at me and blaming me for things that happened when I wasn't even online! haha Funny stuff! Beyond giving me a good laugh, it doesn't accomplish much. :hahaha:

30. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Stalker on Stratics ? No. People I have had trouble with in PMs and on the boards because they decided to act like jerks, yes. A few. Mostly female, go figure. But that was before they put in the blessed ignore function. And I certainly wasn't the sole target of their pathetic behaviour.

On the other hand, I have made some good connections with Stratics folks and therein some ingame friends also. Swings and roundabouts eh.

31. HaHa

HaHa Guest

God how I miss those days ...

32. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You folks do not know stalkers... Trust me.

33. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I would have to agree with you on that Kelmo.

34. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I got a few... :D

:next:

35. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I'm stalking all of you with my new char...esp. Sweeney!
    *winks*

36. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Well, that was a quick turn around...la

37. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

*winks*

38. Sounds like a cry thread; Oh I got so popular like "Juliet Lewis" and now someone is logging in passing me onions mixed with a glade air freshener wrapped around it tied with a little red bow in the center. Don't flatter yourself. Don't go all "Tom Cruise" because of one person.

:coco:

39. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Um, what?

40. exactly. ;)

41. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Yeeeaaa, just asking for a clearer statement is all, lemme guess your just wanting a wee bit O' attention yourself?

42. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Do need a stalker? Want some attention? *sighs and remembers old times*

43. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Those were the days ole friend, hehe

44. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*nods* Good times.

45. You? Thought you may have caught the goofy'ness of my post in the first place, but I guess I failed.

"Juliet Lewis" do you even remember her? She's the castaway actress who would show her boobs at anytime. The onions and air freshener was a bit much, just a tomato on the handburger of time.

sighs...