1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Has anyone ever heard of this? *Bracelet Of Urywen, Tree of Life*

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Bombastic Fail, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

I got this from an IDOC today. Any idea where it's from or what it's worth? Thanks. :thumbup1:

2. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Interesting...personally I have never seen a item that was given a different colored name by EMs or seers. Could be HTML created...but the coloration is a bit strange (I am not aware of if the HTML stuff can be dyed...and if that would even be a dyeable color?).

Honestly, I'm baffled Jeffey! Regardless, it is a nice looking piece. :)

3. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

HTML coding that's slimed dyed. I have a full suit that color from the slimes.

4. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Could a player rename a bracelet with HTML? I have some runebooks that I renamed and I remember renaming my house sign. But I dont think we could do other items.

Tom

5. Baron_

Baron_ Guest

I have a Html Guildstone that has neon green lettering and reads " I don't Know (IDK) the lettering appears green in both stone form, and deed form.

6. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Bracelets of binding used to be able to be html named, not sure if those can be dyed. The charges I don't think show up until powder is applied. Slime dye basically dyed everything tokuno dyes did as I recall. So be easy to test if you can tokuno dye a bracelet of binding. It does look like the slime hue "Dark Forest Green" at first glance though.

Also, Natural dyes can dye more items than the tokuno. It is possible bracelets of binding might be dyeable with natural dyes if not, tokuno. If that is the case, that hue is looks like the Dark Green hue (mix of black and green pigments).

7. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I forgot about bracelets of binding.

8. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for any/all information as I have no idea about it AT ALL!!

Does anyone know what something like this is worth; if anything at all? (Is it even considered a rare?) Estimates would be much appreciated. :thumbup1:

9. Dryzzid of Atlantic

Dryzzid of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Rare or not, that is a pretty nifty item.

10. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

It is rare as last I checked HTML doesn't work. My guess is you can get at least 10-20m... if you provided an explanation of what Urywen was... it may have some serious symbolic meaning for an rp community and you might find the prices would go towards 50m.

Hope that helps

11. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

For this reason, we have posted the honorable Horus, former General of the Northern Legions to guard the entrance of the Crystal Cave where we keep the Scroll of Calling. Horus was infused with magical life from the tree of Urywen during his last battle. The power gave him eternal life, but it also, unfortunately, took his eye sight.

Horus is the guy outside cave you had to go in to get one of the scrolls during necro newbie quest. So the tree does have some meaning in UO lore just didn't find anything else on it. Hope this gets ya goin in right direction

12. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

So you can get +30m from an item if u figure a RP history? lol !!!

13. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

No.. what I'm saying is if an item has rp significance to a player or community, many will be willing to kick some gold for it. There was an old ring that was associated with an rp guild called Order of the Ebon Skull. It went for a lot more than it would have had they not tossed in their interest. If I had an elven character who was all nature-crazy, that bracelet would really catch my interest.

14. Athelas

Athelas Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

They can, natural dyes can dye all jewelry to my knowledge.