1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever suggested this?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GreekHero, Jan 6, 2011.

1. GreekHero

GreekHero Guest

A key that disables all macros so that every time I have a conversation with someone, I do not have to cast 20 spells?

2. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Use 'alt' and 'ctrl' for your spell and skill macros.

3. GreekHero

GreekHero Guest

I have some ctrl, alt combos for secondary actions but it would take way more time to cast. The char I have a problem with is a weaver, necro-mage. Almost half of the keyboard is a spell.:(

4. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Suggest it to Logitech or Razor or something. Maybe you could sell the idea who knows I doubt it though now.

5. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I take it that you use the space bar as a macro as well? You may want to consider using the [ or / keys to initiate macros.

6. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That would be nice, Not a fan of when people cast dozens of spells whilst trying to chat.

7. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

not a good idea if you use the entirety of the keyboard. it is much easier to either bag your books or else use the caps lock key in combination with shift to speak. i do however think the OP has a good idea...but i wouldnt want to bork with it if I were a dev.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Why do people have such a hard time dealing with spells being casted ... just open up your journal. Unless you have 640x480 monitor it shouldn't be that hard to follow along ;P.

9. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hit your Caps lock, then hold down SHFT while typing.

I would definitely not want to see the bugs that would happen. Uoassist seems to glitch out enough as it is with macros.

10. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

It is just annoying...not so much an issue of following along.

And yes, bag the books, use capslock+shift, The Enhanced client, Various keyboards/game pads. Lots of ways to avoid this, I have not cast a spell while talking in years, save for the occasional accident.

11. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How about a key that quickly switched macro sets so you could have multiple macro set ups you could switch between including one with no actual macros in it for the above purpose.

12. Meat Elemental

Meat Elemental Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't know the cc doesn't have the press enter to talk option, was wondering why i see casting spells all the time while talking.....

13. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

My microsoft sidewinder keyboard is set up this way.

SideWinder

Great for making UO macros on one set-up and just a plain old key on another set-up. I bought it for playing a mage so i could switch the Numeric keypad to the other side of the board, but found it more useful for combining UO macros into one key push

14. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just use the EC ;-)

It has a modern chat system where you have to hit "return" before saying something.

15. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just use the EC ;-)

It has a modern chat system where you have to hit "return" before saying something.

16. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

So that is why I can't talk to anyone when using the EC, thanks.

As far as disabling all macros, I always thought that they should have War mode macro's and non war mode. So if I am in war mode I can use my keys without the alt's and ctrls and then in non war mode I can talk without casting spells between words and sentences.

Lore's Player

17. Tazar

Tazar Guest

There is a "Legacy Chat Option" in the options menu that turns off the press enter first to chat if you are more familiar with that method.

18. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Well I don't know about UO Assist, but a certain other similar program has the option to temporarily disable all other hotkeys just with the press of a key.

Classic client should have this for sure. Would be pretty easy to implement I think, and I always wondered why it wasn't in.