1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone gotten the paroxy swamp dragon?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Uvtha, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Out of curiosity? I'd love to get one.

How hard is that dude to kill? Soloing anything seems impossible for me, but... might be worth a try?

2. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

I think maybe Bo has solo'd him, based on the amount of paroxy innards at his house. I've seen the sword bush parry temp solo him using honor to kill henchman first (I think anyway). Just don't use pets or summons. Bad times.

3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I don't have bushido, so probably wouldn't work out very well. Really I have trouble going to to toe with ancient wyrms without running, so... I'd probably have to switch to fencing for feint, or just be killed.

I would love that dragon though....

4. Silent Singer

Well, just a heads up, but the grizzled mare statuette summon is similar and there was a bug where a dispel? cast on it could make it disappear completely. Not sure if that bug has been fixed or if it even applies to the swampy summon , but might be worth looking into.

5. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I thought that was fixed. Dunno for sure though.

6. Silent Singer

Me too but last week I thought someone was complaining about it in general forum. I was probably smoking crack though....

7. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That crack is really moreish...

Silent Singer likes this.
  8. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

a friend and i use to do it a lot. we were lucky and got 3 in the 30 times we did it. he used one and I sold both of mine long ago. he is not real easy. you cant use pets or summons. he had a sampire and I used a mage

9. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Sampire with feint is actually easy. No resist spells needed for this fight. Use self honor to kill his minions first. I believe Paroxy is the easist of the Peerless bosses.
    Getting the keys is harder, you got to face putrefier which is much worse then paroxy . The remaining keys are just a long grind.

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I assumed feint would be required, sadly I have no busido on my character. I have fencing on a stone, but it's not even scrolled. Lot of work to do. :/

11. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

Regular Samp template, or even a chiv paladin. 100% fire long spear HMA, HLA, HLD, SSI if its not on suit HSL. Feint not necessary, chain AI use evasion or even counter attatck. For putrifier 100% energy demon slayer spear, HML, HSL SSI or HLA feint not needed they respawn superfast so you got to loot spleen (which is a little tough to see in CC in EC np) and have your honor macro ready to go. The body parts keys are really the annoying part takes forever to get the right ones to get a few sets. GL

Uvtha likes this.
  12. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

Oops, btw you gotta kill a lot of those fat blobs to get the dragon, got my first on about the 40th run. Once you get it down and get like 4 or 5 sets of keys you can get in the groove and it get fairly easy

13. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully I'll get there. Gotta make a better suit.

14. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

And good luck building a suit on siege for your putrefier method. Thats why feint was suggested. On paroxy, ai method may work. Putrefier does loot your stuff .

15. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ugg... I HATE that.

16. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

Well my friend Twilight Sparkle the Alicorn Pony Princess always said: "The lack of chance is compensated by the amount of tries". Eventually we'll get those rare drops from peerlesses. Don't like the draggy though, I think crafted barding is better (anyone tried dull copper, is it possible to get the swampie to 100 phys resist?). Personally I always wanted the doggy and squirrly and ferry.

Igg A Pie likes this.
  17. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The barded ones ARE better (22% vs 12% absorb) but barding takes SOOO many ingots, and I am SOO lazy... Id rather just have the less effective perma armor.