1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone played UO on an Eee PC?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by deadite, Feb 15, 2008.

1. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I'm intrigued by the Eee ultra-portable Asus. I know you can load Windows XP on it to replace the standard Linux OS, so I wondered if anyone here has played with it and tried to run the 2D client?

In essence, it's a 900mhz Celeron with 512MB-1GB of RAM and only a flash drive for storage (which can be expanded in some models). I'm guessing it wouldn't run very well, but I'm a gadget geek and a UO player, so I just had to ask. [​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC

Seems like the closest we may ever get to playing UO on a handheld!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I'm intrigued by the Eee ultra-portable Asus. I know you can load Windows XP on it to replace the standard Linux OS, so I wondered if anyone here has played with it and tried to run the 2D client?

In essence, it's a 900mhz Celeron with 512MB-1GB of RAM and only a flash drive for storage (which can be expanded in some models). I'm guessing it wouldn't run very well, but I'm a gadget geek and a UO player, so I just had to ask. [​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC

Seems like the closest we may ever get to playing UO on a handheld!

[/ QUOTE ]

That system would run UO absolutely fine.

I know someone that plays UO okay on a 166mhz monster of a laptop. I'm absolutely sure your Eee can handle it. [​IMG]

3. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Nice... I haven't tested UO on any older hardware in the last couple of years. I know I started playing on a Pentium 75mhz.

I haven't bought the Eee yet, but I'm leaning towards it... even more if I can play UO. The low resolution on the screen definitely won't hinder my abilities to run 2D fullscreen either. [​IMG]