1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone pulled decent dexxer jewelry from Shame?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by silent, Jan 15, 2012.

1. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Negative mods aside I've pulled loads of what would be considered uber casting jewelry but not a single uber dexxer piece cursed or not. And by a good dexxer piece I mean having DCI, HCI, DI, SSI at minimum. I've pulled casting jewelry with basically every mod a caster would dream over on a single piece. However the dexxer seems left out.

2. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

maybe wrong will treat u better

3. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

+5 ninja
    15 dci
    15 hci
    5% swing speed
    +3 Mana Regen
    -100 luck

4. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Probably one of the better pirces I've seen that would be a dexxer piece. But when items are coming out that are 1/4 casting 4 MR, 10 LMC, 15 SDI, 25 LRC, +Int, + mana I havent seen a single dexxer piece that comes close to that caliber cursed or uncursed.

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

you have too much luck, it always doesnt help.

6. Smokin

Smokin Guest

I have cursed -100 luck but the rest of the mods are like 5 dex 4 stam 15 hit something else and 10 ssi 35 di bracelet and i a ring with more dex but 20 hit and only 5 ssi it still has the other mods I said.

7. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

The major issue is that High DI/HCI nearly always come with SDI, because they are all part of the "Slaughter" package.

8. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't found anything that I would really consider good dexxer jewelry, plenty of Casting ones, but there always seem to be wasted mods combined on any good dexxer mods.

9. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ive seen a few dexer jewels that were close to uber (couple with 20/20 hci/dci but they always got sdi clouding it up) We can hope that maybe thats the theme of the loot in shame? Like shame is the hot spot for mage jewelry, and one of the other revamped dungeons will be more for Dexer jewelry?

10. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

And swing speed increase seems to come with faster casting/fast cast recovery because it's part of haste. I hope the devs change this with the next publish.

11. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

20 hit chance
    20 defense
    18 spell damage
    35 ep

best ive gotten,but i did get a 1-4 casting with 5 swing that i prolly could use on a dexer it had like dex and stam increase on it also,just depends really on how you build suits,some people use jewls for extra skills not hit&defence chance

12. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

That combo pops out often. Like stated above some of the stats are linked but whenever i get a legendary item it is always a caster piece.

13. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why would they change this? It's what keeps the rare drops rare.

14. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Risso the problem is high end caster jewelry is quite common down there, in cursed form of course, however high end dexxer jewels don't turn up at all. My definition of high end would be DCI/HCI/DI/SSI/EP at minimum. The caster jewels I find that are cursed high end with 1/4 casting 4 MR, 10 LMC, 25 LRC, 15 SDI, and usually one or both +int +mana.

15. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Melee/Dexxer Jewelry for my purposes would be:

Str/Dex increases (Int increase also a possibility, key point being to max out main stats as much as possible)

DCI/HCI/SSI/DI (obviously)

HPR and Stam Regen also a plus although it seems to be reasonably easy to max out HPR.

Needless to say, I've yet to find any that would replace my imbue-crafted jewelry pieces.

16. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If there are plans to remove SDI and FC/FCR from animated/haste & vicious/slaughter packages I'd prefer them to wait till I get my 2/8 40 hci/dci 20 ssi and 36 sdi combo in jewelry un-cursed. =D

17. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Thats the problem - they grouped the mods in 'packages' that dont' really fit the 'packages' that people really need on jewelry.

Its like the dev's don't play the game. Surprise surprise.

FCR/FC/SDI should be one

HCI/DCI SSI should be another

That would solve most of the problems...

18. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

they should just break the groups and make everything random.
    that way you can get any combo..

19. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yep I agree, grouping is a nice idea but it's evidant even with two of the major templates it's not quite working as designed. So either make it truely random or give the code a tweak to let dexxer jewels pop out once in a while.

20. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

With reforging, you can get everything random, as you are not forced to use the packages options.

So basically it's a good thing that you have both options (full randomness or packages). But I agree that some tweaks are needed for packages to fix some of them.

21. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Almost this! I think the Slaughter and Vicious groups
    should be for warriors with SSI, HCI and DI. Wizardry and Sorcery should be for mages with FC, FCR, and SDI. Both warriors and mages need DCI so keep that as a separate group.

Only other option would be to make Haste/Animated have either SSI or FC/FCR but not both. This would be kind of like the Mana Phasing Orbs that have a guaranteed number of mods but for each there is a random selection of 3 and you can never get more than one.

As a side note, the max FC needs to be 2 else nothing will ever eclipse the old Doom artifact Ornament of the Magician.

22. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Does reforging work on jewelry though? My understanding is that you have to use a runic tool to reforge anything.

23. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I like your idea best.

24. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

The problem doesn't come from reforging, it comes from the content of the packages. Fixing the content of the packages would fix both reforging and shame-type loot, including jewelry.

25. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I agree, those groupings make sense, but it would also be nice for the first "roll" to be if it's going to be a group. If you don't roll one of the starting groups the mods are totally random. That way it would still be possible to get those off the wall combos but still have usable jewels drop as well.

26. Phoenix_Mythic

Phoenix_Mythic UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

This is being fixed with Publish 74. FC/FCR are being removed from the Haste package.

27. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

wanna make out?

28. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the tweak, any chance of getting spell damage out of slaughter and into some casting group? It follows damage increase like a lost puppy :p

29. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Thanks for the reply Phoenix. Do you also mean FC/FCR is also out of the Animated package too?

Can we also get SDI removed from the Vicious/Slaughter groups? FC, FCR, and SDI need to go together into a mage grouping.

I'm looking forward for this going to Origin so I can test Shame again with some of my Origin chars.

30. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

maybe just swing speed and spell damage inc need flipped?

31. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

This is great news. Thank you!

32. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Yes, this is a needed fix too!!!!

33. MrBooDangIt

MrBooDangIt Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I have gotten a few
    cursed and - 100 luck
    15 hci
    20 dci
    18 sdi
    35 di

no adverse effects
    10 dex
    1 int
    4 mana
    LMC 8
    5% SSI

34. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

clean 1/3 bracelet with 10 ssi, 35 pots,4 dex

35. popps

popps Always Present

I would think, considering how Ultima Online is considered a sandbox type of game, that breaking groups and making everything random would just make sense....

36. garillo

garillo Journeyman

I find the real gems in Shame to be the jewelry pieces with just one mod that is overweight ex. a ring with 20 DCI and no other mods. Imbue them up, shape them into what you need them to be. As far as dexxer jewelry goes, I have plenty of pieces that are clean 20 dci/hci as well as a few 10 str 10 dex pieces that are clean as well.
    There's no lack, just gotta invest some time finding them. Best of luck

37. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have plenty of the jewels you mention above as I've spent hours in shame. The problem is a cursed jewel can be pulled like this: 1/4, +5 int, +5 mana, 15 SDI, 10 LMC, 25 LRC. Nothing cursed or uncursed can compare with that jewel for dexxer types. The closest is 20 DCI, 20 HCI, 35 DI, 18 SDI. I've pulled many of these and honestly I wouldn't replace my imbued jewelry with it. I could pull 3 or 4 an hour of the caster jewel listed above, who cares if they are cursed I could stock pile loads of them. Give us cursed dexxer jewels of the same level is all I'm asking.

38. allie_oops

allie_oops Adventurer

If they did this we'd end up with everyone getting the same gear very easily. I've gotten a 10 SSI, 7 Stam, 20 DCI, 20 DI -100 luck ring. It's not perfect but you can get really great stuff, and it makes sure if you want the best stuff you have to put your time in.

The ornament SHOULD always remain the standard for mages, and along with a tweak to faction ornies being used outside of Fel, we would end up with a more popular Doom as well.

My 2cents:)