1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone seen a GM since the start of Broadsword?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pfloyd, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is there even a support staff at this point? I will quit paging and staying in game for help unless someone can tell me the answer. I have paged every day for 5 days now and nothing. I have emailed to any address I could find for help. Nothing still.

2. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well what do you need help with? And there usually is little to no GM support on weekends from what I can tell..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I would say you gotta a better chance of getting an EM event drop with a brand new (young) character than getting help from a GM these days.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran

Someone had an issue fixed a couple of nights back via a GM regarding a stuck skill issue.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

I am not able to log into Arirang. I did a transfer to Atlantic from Arirang and all I can think of is that Arirang went down during and now I cannot log back into that account on Arirang even though I have the character and items on Atlantic already.

6. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

I am going to be optimistic and say that the GM's are receiving additional training with Broadsword coming on board.Perhaps this is why they seem absent.

startle likes this.
  7. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

We just learned about this and we're already seeing so much negative attributed to it. It would be amusing if it were not so depressing and seemingly intractable.

-Galen's player

Viper09 likes this.
  8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Getting GMs have been a consistent problem and Broadsword is still very new to the game here. Why must people be so quick to find new scapegoats?

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

The one time I needed GM help on Balhae, which is also a Korean shard like Arirang, was last May. I paged in the middle of the day (around 4:00 pm Eastern Time) on a weekday (Wednesday) and an English-speaking GM showed up in-game within about 20 minutes and helped me.

#10 Tina Small, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    kRUXCg7 likes this.
  10. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hell I used to get GM responses way back in May too. Not so much these past months.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  11. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

because it's the UO veteran way! *grabs his Torch and Pitchfork*

sorry couldn't resist :D

Captn Norrington and Viper09 like this.
  12. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I have had a GM not too long ago answer my call... very helpfull and plesant fellow too.
    As I have said before sometimes its how you page and what you say that gets them to respond and with this move I am not sure if we got posession of any GM's seeing they were serving SWG and War with UO as the red headed stepchild they had to include along with all the otehr games Bio and Mythic had under their belts.

Ask here if we can help you...among us are many who did this with the GMs (ie: Counselors) for years. If we cant I am quite sure we can point you in the right direction.

Give Broadsword time to figure out all the EA mess UO has become... we forget how much can be done in a day much less the short time they have had control. EA has had 15 years of meddling and control of UO that we are not the easyest to untie from its apron strings so unless they can cut the ties they must do it the hard way...

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  13. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Maybe you could send Mesanna ([email protected]) an e-mail explaining the situation.

If you initiated the transfer from Arirang to Atlantic while using the Classic Client, you should have a new entry towards the bottom of the translog.txt file in the folder on your computer that includes all the program files for UO. Open up the translog.txt file with something like notepad, go the very end of the document and click to place your cursor there. Then use the Find option to search backwards and find the phrase "Transfer ID" until you find the start of the information for your transfer from Arirang to Atlantic (you might have more entries after it depending on if you've done subsequent character transfers or copies to TC).

I would include the "Transfer ID" number for that transfer in your e-mail to Mesanna. Hopefully then she can turn over the e-mail to a UO engineer like Bleak and he can investigate to see what is preventing you from logging in on Arirang with that account.

Unfortunately, if you initiated the transfer while logged into the Enhanced Client, you may be out of luck for trying to find any kind of record on your computer of that transfer as it doesn't seem to save anything like the translog.txt file in a place/format that we can access.

Widow Maker likes this.
  14. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Lol.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!