1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried a NECRO/MYSTIC/MAGE?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Karthogen, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Karthogen

Karthogen Guest

Seems that the DEVS Attempted to make Mystic more like Necro where it is harder to carry it as a third Spell book, but it does seem like it would be possible with a 6x 120 template.

Is it worth it to try or is their just way to many spells to support that?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

With some skill jewels, you could make this work. Lots of spells, but sounds pretty fun.

I don't really see a drawback to carrying three spellbooks. You don't have to be holding them in order to use the spells. Just toss them in your backpack and forget about them.

3. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've played it, and run a stripped down version on my mystic atm. Its pretty fun :)

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Title of thread pretty much describes 90% of non-tamer pvmers in the game, hehe. PvP viable? Eh. Doable, but eh.

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

you would only really need like 60 in one skill to make this work..
    a temp for this would be like..
    120 eval
    120 magery
    100 meditation
    120 mystic
    100 SS
    100 necro
    60 focus

720 skill pts..

then add 30 focus to jewelery +15 each?

this actually might be a nice pvm temp..
    you would get wraith form for mana vamp
    eval and focus for SDI
    meditation and focus for mana regen..

i might even try this.

6. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I tried it but i did not like it much to weak. I like disco with my mystic!

7. lankdogg03

lankdogg03 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I run this template on my primary spawn character and have alot of fun with it. My skills are:
    120 magery
    120 eval
    120 focus
    120 mystic
    120 necro
    120 spirit speak

When I decided to add mystic I had to drop med for focus. I thought I would really miss the med but with 120 focus and a reasonable amount of mr on my suit i dont really miss it. I generally run in wraith form so that helps with mana as well.

8. Karthogen

Karthogen Guest

That was the 6x template I was thinking for spawning. Have all the benefits of mystic with Necro. Only problem is no resist.

But, If that started bothering me to much I think I could run about 50-70 necro/SS with Jewels, and items to fit on 120 resist and still do the main necro spells.

9. I think as far as jewelry is concerned, on this template, I'd go ahead and fit the suit for a Crystalline ring. It's 40 pts on a template that actually benefits from all 40, not just the magery boost for wielding mage weps. I've been playing around with it some (though the character I'm building is a gargoyle) and I think the template does have potential. I don't believe in "too many spells" really. To me, Having spells doesn't mean you ahve to use them all. Just because you have necro doesn't mean you have to do necro style debuffing. You can use it with spellplague expl fs pain spike as an opener. More spells available doesn't have to mean a harder template to play. I'd look at it as a more versatile template, in that you have a larger selection of possible reactions to a given situation. The lack of resisting spells is to me the largest visible hole in the template. But who knows, I may find in my working of this template that there is indeed a semi cost effective way to fit it in.