1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has much changed in the lasst 2 years ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Barrakketh, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Barrakketh

Barrakketh Guest

When I canceled 2 years ago UO was a game played by hackers , and scripters mostly. Most players had 100's of millions of gold , homes were large vaults for stacks of million gold checks , all the towns were empty , you could walk from skara docks to yew and not see another player , pvp consisted mostly of players running around the Yew moongate , and champ spawns were dominated by speed hackers, dungeon Doom was unplayable unless you had an army , only peerless people went to was blighted grove to get a crimson apron ( I think)the only challenging content was some of the other Peerless dungeons which no one wanted to do.

Has any of this changed ?

2. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ive never seen UO as that...

3. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Not much have changed from back then.

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Umm... its much easier to make a good suit now! :)

5. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

We got EMs again!

6. longshanks

longshanks Guest

jeez, first post i see this morning is someone relieving himself in my frootloops...

7. Ommy2k7

Ommy2k7 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I might open up a can of worms here - so if i do i really do apologize because its not meant at all. I just wanna get my view across :)

UO stopped being what it was meant to have been around 6 years ago. Its now what -we- the players want -our- game to be. Its up to us. Its a completely different game now to how it was 98-04. I for one cant remember Doom being rammed, yes i remember it busy but i was still able to gather artifacts from there. Same with Champ spawns, and as for people having millions and millions in the bank, You make out asif most players had 100's of millions in their banks; they didnt. Yes granted there have been afew times in UO history where hackers -HAVE- made stupid amounts of money but thats in the past - and as i remember didnt the powers that be remove like 50 Trillion? or something rediculous.

Ultima Online is now what you make of it. I like to use the phrase "You get out what you put in". It is exactly what UO is about. You arnt going to have fun if you constantly look at the bad side of the game are you? I know i wouldnt. Instead you have to man up and crack on with the game. Lets face it, Its a mamoth in terms of depth and freedom. You can do practically anything you want.

Example:
    If Doom is rammed (which ive never seen it) You can do countless other things instead.

Om.

8. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was here two years ago as well, and I didn`t see much of what you describe above. It might be a matter of perception. If this is what you expect, then I am sure you will see it now as you did then.

9. Verthandi

Verthandi Guest

While every shard may be lower in numbers, I've never found it hard to find great people to hunt with wherever I want to go, especially now that a shard-wide, general chat channel has been opened up. The Factions system and hack/script detection are undergoing changes. The new expansion has introduced content for all levels of players and the EMs are pushing along some fun storylines. The devs are adding some spice to aspects of the game which didn't get much love for years and years (barding and treasure hunting most recently).

I'd say a lot has improved over the past 2 years.

10. Nope, it hasn't changed much. They did add the capability to imbue items which has balanced the field a little bit. The game has basically become dependent on that single skill, but other than that it's the same as it was.

11. Righteous

Righteous Guest

I think the game has changed quite a bit in the last 2 years. The addition of the Stygian Abyss and Imbuing has changed my game play quite a bit. I don't have the time to farm doom for days on end to get just the right artie to make my suit or spend months collecting bods to get a Barb kit to burn through to get the one piece that will work out for me. The return of the EM program has added things to do again that are unique instead of the same old grind. I am having more fun now than I have in years playing UO.

Righteous