1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has something changed with BOD rewards?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fridgster, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So I realize that my trusty ancient +60 hammer was running low on charges so I handed in a large 20x valorite chainmail BOD... However, the blacksmith handed me a valorite runic hammer... Confused, I of course went and handed in another 20x val LBOD, half expecting another valorite hammer and half expecting a the +60 AH... and I got a verite runic hammer...... I think I like this change.

The Zog historian likes this.
  2. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its been like this for a while. Look in the smith subforms for more details but i think starting with gold hammer reward level you get a chance to bump to 2 higher levels. So in your example, 20x val chainmail gives would normally give 60 ash but the next 2 levels are the verite and valorite hammer.

3. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

ahhh kewl ty for the info!!

4. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Lowest I got a val was from a 20x gold plate. Been changed for a few years now. They just need to fluff in some new rewards so it is not a gimmi for val hammers.

Flutter likes this.
  5. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

I got an extra 60ASH if your bummed with that val.. i guess i could swap ya.... ;)

Flutter likes this.
  6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'll top that trade with three +30ASH. Thats a grand total of 90 for a meager 15 charge runic. And no I'm not promoting ASH hammer stacking.

7. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

is there info you can link us to?

8. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Do any of the small BODs get bumps like this?

9. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No, I believe I read that only LBODs can receive this bump.

10. neptune1369

Stratics Veteran

11. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman

I know for a fact that the bump only affects Large Bods and it starts at the gold runic hammer reward level for smithing. So if you do a bod that you would normally get a gold hammer there was a chance you could bump up to 2 reward levels higher. So when your doing bods you gold from a Gold hammer to a 30 ash hammer (+1 level) or a Agapite Runic Hammer (+2 levels). Now on the Tailoring side it works the same way but I think it starts at the +15 PS level or the Horned Kit level. The thing that sucks about the Tailoring side is that it jump a horned kit reward into a +20 Tailoring PS (+1 level) which is completely useless but at the same time it can give a you a barbed runic kit.(+2). The tower of roses site is still completely accurate too for those wondering. So in the end it made it far more easier to atually obtain Valorite Hammers which before this change were nearly impossible to get and it also made some of the Tailor Bod reward levels a little more annoying because you now had more chances at that useless 20 Tailoring Power-scroll.

PS i just use the 2 level jump as a general idea that came from my experience as i didnt know about the point system behind it but i would assume there could be a rare chance to jump 3 levels in certain cases but over the years of reading/doing bods that a jump in 2 levels was the max that could be done.