1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Black Sun, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

While in the twisted weld trying to get discorded so I could practice my music this happened...

[​IMG]

I have never seen, or heard of this happening before! Now my real question is, does he only do this to female players? Because I've agro'd a bunch of satyrs before on male chars, but I never got a result like this before.

2. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm guessing there is supposed to be a picture there, since its showing in the quote above when quoting in a reply box, but even the server there is saying the picture doesn't exist...

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think they might have nuked it. Let me try again.

[Edit]
    All fixed. I'm betting imagevenue thinks an elf in her underwear is not safe for work. Prudes.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

He just did it again. Twice.
    I let him get to far way and I losed my disco, so I had to get it again, well the first time he stripped me, then killed me. The second time he just stripped then disco'd me.
    What a perv!

5. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah, its showing up now, rather small though, but still visible enough to figure it out. Can't find where I read it at but for what its worth until I can figure out where it was, the Satyr does that normally on female characters, being that the Satyr is mythologically associated with sex, thereby making the female character somewhat "excited" enough to remove her clothes when she sees the Satyr.

6. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Click the image. It's a thumbnail.

7. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd guess it's a female character thing. The dryads do the same thing to male characters that attack them.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah - Satyrs make females strip. Normal Dryads make males strip (thank god the enslaved or insane ones don't).

9. Aikiri

Aikiri Guest

Lol!!!tell me where do i get to theses places..i do want to take a look on it..haha
    :p

10. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

First, go to yew and into heartwood (the elven city). There you need to find Lorekeeper Calendor to get yourself on the dreadhorn quest. (Don't worry, you don't need to do the quest, just be on it to enter the weld. Next take the moongate to Ilshenar. The entrance to Twisted Weld is West of Spirituality Moongate, inside a cave of mushrooms. Step into the sparkles inside the cave, that will transport you into the weld. Next follow the clearing north until you reach the sand (be very careful, watch out for changelings if you're not ready to fight) Attack the Satyr just enough to get him to follow you. He may discord you, provoke nearby creatures onto you, and if you're not suited for battle he hits hard. Make him follow you back towards the sparkles you can in at so you can right back out and into the cave in case you need to lose agro status.

11. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

it's one of those 'tricks' to gain skill...

he discords you and your skills drop.
    Wich makes it easier to gain.

Won't be long before EA will notice this advantage and disable it.
    (like 8x8)

12. Aikiri

Aikiri Guest

erm...oin second thought...think i'll give it a pass for now...till i upgrade my version to the most recent..i'm still running on the age of shadow

13. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah, you won't be able to access heartwood or the weld without ML.

14. envinyatar

envinyatar Guest

I've had this happen to me while I was trying to work on lockpicking. I haven't gone back since.