1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Has unraveling changed?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by AxiamInc, Aug 21, 2011.

1. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hey all,

Been away for a while overseas and finally got back to the game here.

Before I left, we were able to enhance monster loot if it were above a certain property weight with valorite ingots to push it over the relic barrier.

Is this still possible? I tried with some items that I pulled off of Paroxy that would definitely be over the 400 mark after enhancing, but was only receiving essense at the Queen's Forge.

Did they change something on us?

Thanks

2. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

They methods of unraveling for Relic Fragments have changed several times depending on what time frame you were in game last. There is a sticky at the top that explains some of the current methods of obtaining Relic Fragments.

3. AxiamInc

Stratics Veteran

I've read through that sticky. It talks about what to craft for unraveling purposes. I'm wondering about enhancing mob loot with special materials.

4. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Has not changed for me, I do it daily and the numbers still work for me. Simply make sure the item has AT LEAST 45 durability. DonĀ“t forget that metal shields and armor will profit from val dur bonus when enhanced but weapons will not (pofing items is not worth it imo cause the price of relics has dropped a lot, but pof is still 150K).

5. AxiamInc

Stratics Veteran

Thanks arkanos, I'll be sure to check the durability on the items next time I do a run.

Just thought it was odd that 8 out of 8 items gave essence..