1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hats Off And Thanks To Tugsoft!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Penny Lane, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Penny Lane

Penny Lane Guest

Thank you for taking care of this newest problem with such haste and thank you for everything you have done all these years. I don't think I am alone when I say, playing UO WITHOUT UO Assist is NOT an option.

:)

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

/signed

I don't often agree with every word in a post, but this one I do. Well done Tug.

:banana::danceb::banana::danceb:

Sorry for the shameless smileys, but was the only way I could think of to show some kinda standing ovation. heh

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. S.P.A

S.P.A Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree completely. His loyalty to a customer base most of whom paid him YEARS ago is totally gentlemanly.

kRUXCg7 and Sorchaa like this.
  4. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

i couldn't agree more.
    if for some reason i couldn't use uoassist anymore i dont think i would be able to play.

infact ive often thought that if Tug asked for a yearly payment of the initial payment i would pay it without even a complaint.... and for a Scottish fella that is saying a LOT!

Sorchaa and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  5. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not an avid poster but my enthusiasm for this cannot be squelched. I have neglected to express my appreciation and gratitude for Tugsoft and the UOA application for the many years it has been around. I too cannot imagine playing UO without it. My gaming experience would surely drop dramatically (if not cease completely) if it were to go the way of UOAM or other neglected programs.

Your quality of service is far, far above your cost for service. Thank you.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Mine works ONLY with a Cold Boot, as in completely power down. Works great until the first time i close the client, then my UOA is DOA

7. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Absolutely! I could not beleive TUG even took the time to answer emails on the topic in the last days.... Thank you!

kRUXCg7 and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  8. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

I had this problem eariler. Check your task manager and see if UOA is still running there even though you have closed UO out. If so, end process it. It does occasionally not close out as it should.

9. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

did that sometimes it's not there, sometimes there's 2, w/ different amounts of memory usage. Even if I close both, I might not get the "assist is running" msg, but after i get logged in, assist is not there. If I cold boot, it'll work every single time (leastways every time i've done that), every single time.

Edit: when I'm in, and assist is good, it doesn't show in taskman

10. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

11. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Exactly what she said: ^^^^^

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  12. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Tug soft has earned my loyalty long ago.... the gentilman has been good to all in uo. Thank you.:D

13. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

while reflecting a little bit, I thought back over the many years of rarely interrupted service, that when it was down, often mere hours later it was patched.
    Rarer was a post, much less an entire thread dedicated to just saying Thanks.
    After re-reading my previous post, I feel that I've taken the product a little for granted, sorry.
    Even if mine never works again, Thank You for all the years it has.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  14. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

I uninstalled UO Assist, even allowed it to delete all keys and settings, i.e. macros after I backed up the folder of course.

I deleted all the registry keys, specifically just delete the key "Origin Worlds Online." All the sub-keys will be deleted with it.

I then restarted my computer, re-downloaded the UO Assist installer.

Ran the installer as Administrator and then set compatibility to always run the shortcut as Admin too. It did a quick download of the .dll, opened the patcher and then the client opened with UOA working.

I had to add my accounts keys again but it only took a few minutes to add five accounts.

I copied my macros back over and UOA is working fine.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  15. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Altho there's several very crowded threads now about assist, Perhaps a new one just for those left still broken might be in order. Maybe seeing under which circumstances it's not working will help aid in it's recovery, plus a good recovery point for notifications. Many got fixed, but some got left behind.

kRUXCg7 and O'Brien like this.
  16. I was among the few for whom the patch today did not fix UO Assist. I hadn't touched any registry files, yet it continued not to load and stayed running in the task manager.

I emailed Tugsoft about 6:45 this evening to report i still had a probelm, and what i had and had not done to try and fix it.

Shortly after 7:00 I got an email from Tugsoft asking if he could send me some UOA files and report back or send a log of the errors when I ran them. He stuck with this process through 23 more emails and several hours. (I was reading a book and checking my email when it went "bing").

I am pleased to say it is now working perfectly and I am awed by his customer service and dedication. I paid, what, $12? 10+ years ago? and he is still willing to put in the time to get things fixed. Dang, and thanks!

*edit* Before everyone goes and emails him, he said he'd be posting an update to UOA soon.

kRUXCg7 and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  17. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Great report Sally. Thanks.

It's great to see how well Tugsoft has supported their product over the years. EA could sure take a lesson or two from Tug.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  18. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Every word everyone else said, his dedication to continue helping & updating UOA is amazing. I know myself with out UOA I would not be playing, it's the most handy thing for the game there ever was.
    Thank you sir!

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  19. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

/sign

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  20. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

thanks for getting this fixed.... I'm connecting fine, now.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  21. Daelomin

Daelomin Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks... very smooth fix and fast too!

22. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you again, Tugsoft, for well over a dozen years of reliability.

And a separate thanks for continuing that record.

-Galen's player

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  23. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Got the new patch this morning. No more hard boots, Yea!

My problem has been mostly resolved (xp pro sp3 Intel 1.7ghz Celeron M 1.69ghz, 1.87gb RAM),
    I've already had 3 times where assist didn't come up - this is by logging in, X'ing out, restarting, (I've done this in the recent past for unrelated testing - it was flawless then). Not sure if it's a timing issue... not waiting long enough after closing... or waiting x-seconds after the Play button lights up...

I know if I wait 1-3 seconds between every step along the way, it works w/o fail, and when it doesn't, I can simply try again. If i detect a confirmed pattern, I'll post it, or/and email it in, but for the most part, my issue is resolved. Thanks again

24. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

I only use the EC now, but I have always appreciated the support provided by Tugsoft. UOA was a great addition to UO!! It is heartening to see the level of support, even after all these years!

25. Queen Mum

Queen Mum Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*cookie thumbs up* Tugsoft!

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  26. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable

I have used UOA since it was releasee and it is my best spent money ever.
    Anyone have a good link so I can buy a new code?
    I wont use the code ,I just want to pay for all this years of great support.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

27. Serine

Serine Guest

28. Sevin, i would highly recommend emailing Tugsoft at their contact link. I was positively floored by his quick response. Give him as much info as you can in the email, what you have for computer system, what you have tried, what has and has not worked, what you have done, etc. My experience has been that he is VERY involved in making it continue to work for all.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  29. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I was gonna post this earlier... I'm normally on headphones, and I suddenly noticed something new. About the time when the assist advertisement page comes up, where you could click settings, I hear a "Click" - similar to the keytouch sound on a smartphone, and another click when the 'Play' button lights up.
    If I wait for the clicks before preceding, It's been bulletproof. I honestly don't remember hearing anything, nice additional touch.

30. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Heartily signed, gotta love UOA!

31. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present

Thank you, Tug. :hug:

32. elspeth

elspeth Guest

Couldn't live without it. For many years I have been awed at Tugsoft's commitment to a great product. If you put a donation link on the webpage I will even put my money where my mouth is! I have been thinking of doing so for many years now. Mahalo nui loa from Hawai'i!

33. Raven

Raven Visitor

Thank you Tug for many years of enjoyment using UOA.