1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Have a problem with Pets not moving to attack.

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Stupid Miner, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Tell them to attack and they just sit there until the enemy gets to them. Then they don't follow when I tell them to. The thing is, they're not being disobeying orders. They're not losing happiness.
  2. Nenime

Nenime Guest

This is commonly the 'line-of-sight' problem. It happens when the terrain is hilly (like in Destard). I don't know if it ever was an issue in the Classic Client but in KR it was an constant annoyance.

Thinking of it, I realize it did not occur since I use the Enhanced Client.

*edit: Wait, they don't follow you either? Maybe you whisper?
  3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    Sounds like a long standing bug where pets seem frozen to the spot and try to follow commands but won't actually move. If you feed the pet that should free it up to move again.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    Feeding a pet that's acting squirrely but that says it is wonderfully happy usually gets rid of the odd behavior.
  5. Wetherlocke

Wetherlocke Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 29, 2008
    Jeez, I've been annoyed by this for so long and never thought to try feeding them. I've always just logged out and back in. I'm glad there's a much simpler method.
  6. MadTexan

MadTexan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 17, 2003
    You will probably find that this occurs from time to time when a summon ball is used, and yes feeding is the cure for this ailment