1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Inscription] Have I been away that long?? SDI on Spellbooks Question

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Tukaran, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Tukaran

Tukaran Guest

Hello,

Just been browsing the wares in Luna and I came across a spellbook that had DCI on it and 26% SDI...

Now unless I was away longer than I thought, you can't get DCI on a spellbook and SDI is capped at 12% (or so). This did appear to be a normal crafted spellbook - didn't have a special name, wasn't a scrappers (25%) etc.

Have spellbook mods been changed? If so, can someone tell me what they are now or post a linky to the new stats?

Cheers!
    Tukaran

2. GFY

GFY Guest

It may have been a spell book from the last invasion. The invading officers carried spell books with different combinations of mods, and they could be looted when the officer was killed.

3. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Go to a town crier and say News... they'll tell you which Trammel cities are under the current evasion and typically what kind of monsters are there.

You'll want to find the Generals... there are a few different types. Dexers, healers, and mages.

You'll want to kill the mages/healers. They drop the spellbooks, the good ones at least.

There are 2 different types of these books. One that will have a max of 3 MR, 30SDI, 10LRC.

The other will have max of I think 10DCI, 30SDI, 3FCR and LMC up to 4 or more.

That's where those books are coming from. Be careful as these Generals have a TON of hps. And be aware of the spawn around it. If you try to pull a general, or any other creature away from where they orginally spawned, they teleport back. So try to clear spawn a little, because if you pull a general too far away, they go back =/

It's best to use a bard to provoke, a tamer w/pet(s) or a dexer. Mages have a difficult time with the higher end invasion NPCs as they've got a poopload of hit points.

I hope this helps =)

4. Tukaran

Tukaran Guest

Brill thanks!

I always seem to be away from UO when invasions are going on hehe! Last one I was around for was the first Brit Invasion - the one where we got the lizardman statues at the end!

Cheers,
    Tukaran

5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Spell damage increase of 1 to 12 is normally on found jewelry (rings and braces). Inscribe crafted spellbooks usually yields an upward value of +9. Even on other sources they are not certain perhaps...judging from having observed uoguide and other sites, but I can definitively say that the upward value is +9. Hundreds of thousands of crafted spellbooks I have not yielded a higher value.

Someone would have to show proof if having a higher value.

Other than that, everything else was covered. The conjurer's grimoire and the tomb of lost knowledge both have +15...just to cover all the + values lol.