1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Have pets eat one out of a stack.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Llewen, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This is dedicated to Jack Flash UK who endured the worst of this sort of atrocity when a greedy pack horse ate a stack of 1600 orange seeds that he dropped on it. That's not quite the worst I suppose, 1600 seeds of renewal would be the worst I can think of.

Anywho, we've probably all had a time or two when we've dropped a stack of something on a pack horse or beetle and had it eat the entire stack. It would be nice if you drop a stack of more than one food item on a pet, it would only eat one of them, and the rest would be returned to it's original location.

It would be even nicer if when you dropped a stack on a pet, it would eat one and you would also get a message to the effect, "Your pet nuzzles you affectionately but isn't hungry enough to eat all that."

2. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

3. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KILL EVERYONE

i had just got over that until just now!!!!

4. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

Open the pack, then put it in. Not that hard. If you cant figure out game mechanics sorry. They have been this way for how long?

5. jack flash uk

wow, your so clever!

never made a MISTAKE ingame?

6. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Maybe out of your pain and loss great change will come, take comfort in that. Ok, that probably won't do it... It was a thought...

7. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Now Jack...
    Sorry you lost that much seeds but honestly I had no idea and I am anchient in uo that packies ate seeds...... then again I have never dropped them on a carrier outside a bag.....
    if you need seeds ask, I am sure you can get plenty from one of us to help you restart

8. jack flash uk

NO NO!!!

never want to see seeds again :)

i was growing plants for seeds of renewal, was tending to 800 plants a day at one stage, so i got more seeds that i know what to do with

was just odd when u lose 1600 bright orange seeds on the way to luna trying to sell them:)

9. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

perhaps they could easily add the coding from npc skill trainers. Where you ask them for training, they say like 300 gold and ya can drop more on them and they give you the change. If its easily coded then yes its a good idea, but if it is difficult and buggy no point in wasting time on it. perhaps a gump could at least be added saying "Warning. You are attempting to overfeed your pet! Bad owner!"

10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Always learnt to open a pack when transferring stuff, Can even loose rare food items or em items that are foods, that aren't stacked by accidently dropping it on a beetle or something.

Would be a nice change regarding the stacking though, Nothing fun about loosing so much food. :D

11. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

I didn't know they ate seeds. Glad I didn't have to find out the hard way... sorry if you did.

Eating one out of a stack would be a better way I think.

12. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Or at least make it to where the pet benefits from more than eating the first item in the stack when eating an entire stack. Pet's regain a small amount of Stamina when they eat. Currently, they gain the same amount of stam from eating a single raw rib, as they would eating a stack of 30 raw ribs. They should also increase the amount of stam a pet regains when eating, the heavier the food, the more stam restored.
    Not to mention, make it to where pet's won't eat seeds. I used to use Goats as portable trash containers, put a bunch of junk in a leather bag, and feed the bag to the goat.

13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Me either. You're talking packhorses? Hm. I could see a beetle eating a seed maybe, but odd for a horse.

Mechanically, pets should either refuse to eat a stack of items or take only one from the stack. However, it would also be cool if a stack lowered a pet's stamina to 0 with a message regarding the over abundance of snackage.

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I think it is a fine idea.

Good suggestion.

While they are at it they should make the Tasty Treats stack.

15. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Think "grain". Not so unusual... :)

16. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

Ya actually I do it all the time. Everytime I make apples I feed my packy 1600 of them (Well I did until we could deed them). However I don't cry for things to shange because of my mistake.