1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

have you noticed the commonality of the unjust bannings?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mechanic, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Mechanic

Mechanic Guest

It seems every person who claimed unjust banning had tons of gold.

not one person has said Hey I can't put 2 GPs together and I got banned.

Maybe EA is just getting rid of all the super rich?
  2. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    I hope not.... I have about 300mil....er...wait....

Is that super rich in UO anymore?

Can I borrow a few mil?
  3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I wouldn't say that they are specifically targeting the uber-rich, but that it's the uber rish that are affected as an effect of the fact that the items duped were the uber-rich level items.

The effect does not create the cause.
  4. Halister Marner

Halister Marner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 2, 2006
    If that's the case, since I have about 700k between all my characters, I should be one of the last people in UO to be banned. Condolences for being poor? :p

I can only remember 3 or 4 times in the past 5 years EA has unjustly banned someone, and only roughly 3 or 4 of these bans seem like they could be accidental. I've laughed at a few names that have posted here, knowing full well they've dealt with dupers extensively. A few of them have me perplexed as the rest of you though.
  5. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

Cheating is profitable.
  6. Erekose

Erekose Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 23, 2008
    QFT. While there may have been some innocent people caught up in this, I'm guessing the majority of bannings (including the many that haven't been posted here) were of people who got rich by either duping or trading in duped items.

"Oh you've got 10 Val Hammers you'll sell to me in bulk? No, don't want to know where you got them, just gimme so I can resell them."