1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you tried buying an Interior Decorator or House Placement tool lately? ITS NASTY

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Revenant2, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Revenant2

Revenant2 Guest

You try to buy a tool. It says you can't afford it.

You go to the bank and get cash and go back.

You pick just one tool and click to sign.

And then all of a sudden, all of the vendor's stock of the item gets bought and put into your pack, and however much it cost is withdrawn from your bank account. You are now the proud owner of tons and tons of house placement tools or interior decorator tools.

..... and the darn NPCs won't buy them back!

Bug bUG BuG bUg bUG Bleh!
  2. ki-rin

ki-rin Guest

congrats on becoming a proud owner of tons and tons of house placement tools or interior decorator tools! :D
  3. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 1, 2003
    Ouch. Sounds like a fix went bad :( I think I'll stick with the few old ones I have.
  4. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 3, 2005
    Baught one of each on Oceania yesterday with no worries.
  5. Revenant2

Revenant2 Guest

I wonder if this is shard specific or even character specific. I'll have to try in a couple places and maybe with a different char (Yeah like I'm looking forward to that!).

This happened to me on the same char, same shard, but like a week apart.
  6. Do you think perhaps you were holding down your shift key while trying to purchase one? When holding shift it buys the lot instead of just one... Just a thought...!!! :)
  7. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 7, 2008
    are you perchance using KR because i've done similar things like this before. good old KR.
  8. Revenant2

Revenant2 Guest

Nah this is in 2d.

I hadn't believed I had the shift key down at the time but I also can't rule it out because I didn't pay specific attention to it. I know for sure that I had only clicked for ONE item and I had thought that it was listing just one as the final purchase, with that singular purchase price showing on the gump. I'm going to have to wander back to it and double check it.
  9. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 12, 2008

(probably my worst attempt at a joke ever)
  10. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 27, 2004
    Be very glad you didn't do that on Siege, where an interior decorator tool costs many thousands of GP. :eek:

11. Ni-

Ni- Guest

...but funny...
  12. true
  13. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I bought a house placement tool on Origin yesterday without a problem.
  14. Har!!