1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Haveing a bit of trouble with a Sampire template.

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Sedreh Sudre, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Sedreh Sudre

Sedreh Sudre Guest

Hello, I am working on a Sampire, mostly for EM events but I want the ability to do all that Sampires can normally do as well.

While I found A LOT of information in various places:

All About Sampires: a PVM Warrior Guide for Ultima Online - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Sampire - Ultima Online Forums

UO Warrior - Stratics Forums

An actual template seemed almost impossible to find, at least one that was 'the standard' for me to at least learn on.

One article says Spirit Speak, Parry and Resist are a necessity. Another says Bushido only needs to be 50 for honoring your target. and has no other uses.

While I find a lot of information, I havent found a single template, here are the ones I found:

I can only assume the ones over 720 are from skill jewlery/armor?

Extrapolating for that I came up with:

120 Swords
    100 Tactics
    100 Parry
    100 Necromancy
    100 Bushido
    85 Resist (+15 with Resilliant Bracer bracelet)
    75 Chivalry
    =680

Which leaves me personally with another 40 extra points.

So my questions are as follows.

#1: What is the standard sampire template?

#2: Please evaluate this template:
    120 Swords
    100 Tactics
    100 Parry
    100 Necromancy
    100 Bushido
    75 Chivalry
    =680

#3: What is the purpose of more than 50 (for honoring) Bushido? If I only needed 50 Bushido, it would open a lot of room and I could add 90 Spiritspeak to the template and it would look like this:

120 Swords
    100 Tactics
    100 Parry
    100 Necromancy
    90 Spiritspeak
    75 Chivalry
    50 Bushido
    =720

thoughts?

thanks.

2. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The basic idea of the sampire template is to leech enough life by dealing damage and to optimize your defensive abilities.
    The reason you do not find any default (gimp) template is simple, melee combat in uo has many factors that play a role. As sampire is a single player template, you will find many variations based on what people like to fight and their playstyle.
    You really need to read about bushido to understand some things here and a basic knowledge of how melee combat works in uo.
    So , minimum requirements .
    99 necro for vampiric embrace.
    Some weapon skill as high as possible, minimum 115, better 120.
    High Bushido skill for high crit chance from lightning strike, 110+ prefered
    90 tactics for all the weapon specials.
    Some Chivalry to cast Enemy of one and consecrate weapon, 61 is enough.
    Enough stamina to always swing your weapon near maximum speed, and probably a weapon with hit lower defence, mana leech,stam leech and enough damage increase to reach 100.
    Parry, healing ,anatomy, resist, spirit speak are used to balance the char further.
    A working standard is
    120 weapon
    120 bushido
    120 parry
    100 tactics
    100 anatomy
    99 bushido
    61 chivalry

3. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Some folks find that with GM or higher bushido, it might be better to ditch parry (with a 45 dci suit) and use the 100+ points on something else, like healing or SS. Some use soulstones to swap among those (and others), depending on what they're about to face.

The more DCI you have, the more parry's advantages become "diminishing returns".

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Klapauc listed the standard template:

120 Weapon
    120 Bushido
    120 Parrying%
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy%
    99 Necromancy
    61 Chivalry

You can change the skills with an %. Some variations inclue resisting spells, spirit speak, and healing. There are other temps which use archery and even spellweaving. Lots of options dependong on how you suit and then play the char.

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Myna

Myna Guest

i prefer 70 chiv and 110 parry because when you need to switch enemy of one quickly in an area with different mob you will fizzle for sure at 61, with bad luck even at 70 you fizzle a lot.

i think 110 or 120 parry makes not a huge difference (some even play without parry and uses reists/ss/whatever), but 61 or 70 chiv does when it comes to casting enemy of one.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have +11 Chiv on my ring or brace giving me 72 modified chiv. Take a look at Valeix's "Shiw me your uber suits" thread for some suit ideas.

-OBSIDIAN-

7. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Any sampire template is going to include these:

120 weapon
    120 bush
    100 tactics
    99 nec
    ~65-75 chiv

these are all optional depending how you play:

parry
    resist
    anat
    healing
    ss

the template im running is

120 weap
    120 bush
    105 tac (90 trained, +15 tac on turq ring)
    100 anat
    100 ss
    70 chiv
    99 nec

using this template i can actually swap the GM anat and SS in and out as needed, if I want resist, parry, etc...

8. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would agree with this. Sampires can be so diverse.

I wouldn't even limit the 'optional' skills to what you listed. The skills above are all you need to survive and grind out any boss.

To the list additional skills you could add Alchemy, Ninjitsu, Hiding, Myst/Focus, the list goes on. I can think of many practical combinations depending on the scenario and personal preference.