1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Having higher animal lore make raising taming slower?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by MrMiagi, Mar 19, 2008.

1. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

Does it? I swear my taming went up faster last time when I had animal lore below GM, this time with almost legendary animal lore I swear taming is raising much slower.

2. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

I heard this too.
    Someone stated, that if two skills are connected, like for example AL and AT or Magery and EI, where you can gain one through the use of the other, then you will see slower gains. Don't know if thats true, but it would be at least logical.
    Another thing is, the GGS works slower, the higher your total skills are.
    Are you sure, the change you are seeing doesn't come from your skills capping at 700?

3. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

Last time when it went faster I had 700 total in skills, this time I have around 600.

4. simonovsk

simonovsk Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've heard different theories too, and don't know precisely how animal lore works with regards to taming.

It is probably safer to consider it the same way as music and bardic skills, meaning that you should keep lore at 100 to gain efficiently in taming.

Another thing to consider when training skills above 85 is have you eaten a 110 powerscroll for this skill yet? The gains will get a lot slower when you approach your cap, and you want to stay 10/15 points away from it the longer you can.