1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Having to reboot UO everytime you log a char?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Lord X, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Does anyone else have to completely close UO and reopen it like 90% of the time, after logging out a char? I'll log out, and type my password back in and hit enter, then it will bring up the shards like normal but as soon as I click on one, it boots me back out to the log in screen. It's just frustrating/time consuming to have to reopen assist, wait for it, hit ok, and then wait for the UO screen to to go away more often then not. Its something I've had to do for years on my current computer and my old one. Btw, I run only 2D.

Does anyone know a fix for it?

2. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not me. never heared of that here either.

3. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I haven't found anyone on my home shard thats had that problem either. :/

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It might be a firewall issue. Make sure that all the EXE files in your UO program folder have firewall exceptions.

I think I had something similar happen 4 or 5 years ago, when I changed firewall sources.