1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Having to Repatch the 0/390 everytime is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THP, Mar 15, 2012.

1. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sort it or Subscriptios are gonna fall a lot more.....its sooooooo bloody annoying.........are u trying to drive the 80% of UO players away that use the CC to please the 20% that use the EC????? WTF!!!

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Swordsman

Swordsman Adventurer

it's good now

4. Petra Fyde

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Even if it was a patch. It's been fixed for what 10 or 12 hours now. It's like 1-2 seconds now.

6. Petra Fyde

aye, I think it's the idea that it's re-downloading the same patch over and over that is freaking a few people out. Once everyone understands that it's not a patch everyone (I hope) will settle down.
    It's checking the integrity of the files - I'm kinda wondering if it will mean an end to our mods having to remove screen prints from threads because they contain evidence of certain client hacks :wink:

7. Ezekiel Zane

Well no probably not because you can still bypass the patcher quite easily and open straight to the client.

Additionally, the scripters and hackers are already working hard to adapt to the new system and the changes to the art .mul files to .uop files.

I'm sure they'll be back in business PDQ.

8. Petra Fyde

pity. I think the only people going to end up stopped are those who used to use insideuo for artwork, as we have often for Stratics pages.

9. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It takes me 23 seconds to get past the patcher to actually seeing the logon screen. While that is not a eternity it's still annoying. This computer is my fastest. AMD six core 1055, AMD 6950 16GB memory, point is my computer is not slow.

10. Ezekiel Zane

Your computer specs are way better than mine.

I'm on a 50Mb/s high speed connection. The checksum takes 2 seconds or less before the Play button is activated.

11. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

there is new software to look/add/take out art work from the uop files, but since its not on the aproved list, i cant tell you it name or where to get it :oops:

12. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Sad to say most cheaters have already adapted their third party programs.

13. Petra Fyde

Not to worry Winker. I had a back up of the client install as per Basara's recommendation, so I copied the .mul files from that into the insideuo folder and therefore can access older artwork. For new items I'll use the screenshot command from pinco's ui in EC.

14. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Strangely earlier it took me 30 seconds to get through it, Now on the same PC it takes less than a second. Wierd.

15. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

the dev team have done their best by checking file sizes now, but as long as you have files client side there is no way to stop these people who have endless amount of free time to spend cracking them

16. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oddly enough, the patcher just took less than 2 seconds to get done. There must be a daily check or something because it didn't scan all the files like the scan this morning.

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  17. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie

Same!! :)

The only delay I notice is the time it takes for the patch to appear on the Screen .. some hesitation there but it finally opens and all is done that it needs to do, so the auto patch (uo.exe) is ready with a play option button to log in to the game. NP.

Later, I am going to open the game on a slower, older second computer to see how and IF that works. Later ...:lol:

OT: I do wish computer language would be a little more consistant with naming requirements like "log-ins" EG: stick to 'Log-In' instead of using the word PLAY when Logging-In to a game or a website of which you are a member, because they ask for your ID (Name and Password). PLAY only means PLAY. Anyhow .. Sorry .. nit picking with words .. we always figure it out - - :popcorn:

18. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Just a reminder, folks - one of the patches 2 DAYS AGO made it to where the long checksum run bug was fixed, and it's taking just a few seconds now because it was fixed.

19. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Seriously?
    Can you be a little more dramatic next time honey?