1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Having Trouble When Uo Starts Up

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cerwin Vega, May 21, 2009.

1. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 5, 2008
    I just got a new computer with windows vista and when i start up UO the white box that comes up saying Ultima Online Is Loading wont go away. If I go into windows task manager and click processes i can end process on UO.exe*32 and it will go away. I reinstalled UO again and that didn't fix the problem. Anyone else ever have this problem or know what I should do to make it go away?
  2. I had that all the time...simple fix...open with uoassist, download the trial version. I promise youll end up paying anyway, but even if you dont open it with that and you never have the same problem.

Gets a pain because it seems to take up soooooooooo much memory just to keep that little box open!
  3. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

This is a glitch between the UO:2D client patcher and Windows Vista's Aero interface. If you turn off the Aero interface, that glitch won't happen anymore.

Myself when I run 2D, I prefer Aero... so I just close the patcher like you do through Task Manager (I don't run 2D all that often as I prefer KR).

Also when patching either client, remember to Run As Administrator so your client will patch properly.
  4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Do this