1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Having two ( or more) same-shard transfer shields?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJ Diddles, Jun 4, 2015.

1. DJ Diddles

DJ Diddles Seasoned Veteran

Hello all,

I currently have an Atlantic and Sonoma transfer shield in my house. As my needs for Atlantic tokens are greater than other shards, I'm interested to know if I can claim another Atlantic shield (the vet reward GUI lets me get to the final confirmation screen for the reward, FWIW) and reap 2 Atlantic Shield Transfer Tokens a month. I presume even if this is possible I will still only be able to hold the current maximum of tokens, but that isn't an issue as they would be used about once a week.

Anyone have experience with this? I searched a good bit and could not find similar info.

2. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

yes i have multiple atl shields and all pop a token each month.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Yep, you can have unlimited amounts of the same shard shield. There are a few people that have 5+ of the same one. They all make a token each month and can each store 10 tokens at a time.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

I have three ATL shields because I routinely pop over to a shard to pick up an EM event item and bring it back to atl.

5. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

In my opinion it's a smart thing to do. I have multiple shard shields for my main shards (Sonoma and Chesapeake). I've "seeded" all of the other shards. Meaning I have a junk character on most shards holding gold (for shopping) and transfer tokens to my home shard. This works great for me b/c I can usually get items home in less than an hour instead of having to transfer to the remote shard then back to the home shard. It took a couple of months to get this set up but it works great for me.

Lord Frodo and Odin of LS like this.
  6. Odin of LS

Odin of LS Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Nice, I'm a little over 9 months away from being able to claim 12 shard shields and look forward to setting something like this up. :thumbsup:

Lord Frodo likes this.
  7. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have 3 of each Chessy and Atlantic. And it's often not enough for the amount of items I move back and forth.

8. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have 2 Atlantic and 1 of each of the remaining US Shards.

9. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Same here. I have 2 ATL shields so I never get stuck on 14 of the other shards I have shields for :)

10. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

I made that mistake....I only have one Atlantic shield, but my shard shields are spread across two accounts. So, I sent one of my main characters with maxed out skills and stats from Atlantic to Napa on a transfer, brought an Atlantic token with me to make sure my character could get back home. After dropping off the stuff I was bringing there, clicked on my atlantic token and......oops.....the Atlantic token doesn't work for that account.

So, now one of my main characters has been stuck there for about 4 months while I wait for my next round of vet rewards to pick a second Atlantic shard shield for that account.....only 7 months left to wait...... I can't even transfer over a real transfer token since whatever character I send will just get stuck all over again. On the bright side, at least I have a fully geared and skilled character to use for Napa events now.....lol.

Philly and Odin of LS like this.
  11. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Pop me out a PM if u want me to take a transfer token over for ya. Wouldn't be a problem at all provided its one of the shards I've got a shield for already :)

I'd be glad ta help out if I can, its what I do :)

Lord Frodo and Captn Norrington like this.
  12. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

I have been claiming atl shields on shards i play...

Transfer to atl.. Take stuff delete char.

So i claim atl shields pretty much nothing else.