1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Heads up - Pub 66 on Test Centre

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Wenchkin, May 19, 2010.

1. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Full info can be found here.

Some changes that might interest us tamers -

And bard love....

Mmmm yeah, get that Barry White record on...

Ok, maybe I got you more excited than you should be, nm :D

There's a stack of stuff coming with pub 66, but those were the bits that stuck out.

Wenchy

2. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Sounds like they're trying to make more bards... bards have been kinda lackluster a while (sorry Poo!)

The new abilities remind me of the Dark Age of Camelot "Minstrel"... I played that char a lot and it was a top favorite of mine.

Maybe time to revisit a bard. Discord looks... enticing.

And thank god for fixing the hotbars on the EC. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have health hotbars "snap" over and cover all my icons on the left side of the screen.

3. It would be cool if the new bardic abilities worked on pets too, not just players. Maybe someone could ask the devs about that.

4. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Call me crazy but I'm most excited about the rename tweak.

I can't recall how many times I've hit the name and not the red bar when trying to heal or access the context menu only to get the damn text cursor pop up.

5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

One problem I noticed last night is pet renaming in EC. They took away the pet "window" and supposedly moved the renaming function to the pet's context menu, but I didn't see it there. Might have overlooked it I guess.

If anyone else here uses the EC, would you mind looking at a pet's context menu to see if the rename pet option exists after the latest patch?

6. Azumazi

Azumazi Guest

Sure I'll give it a check right now Gort, unable to get it to work so looks like something could be messed up on that part. Basically the prompt of options does not include a rename, yet you cannot select the text bar to do it that way either both in the mini bar and in the primary selection bar so unless I am missing something they seem to have messed this up.

Okay rename option is open on test, however, it has broken it on the standard shards for now.

7. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for checking.

8. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On the publish notes it says the rename feature (among others) doesn't work until Pub 66 is 'fully functional'.

9. Azumazi

Azumazi Guest

Problem is they should have held off having it work like that on normal shards for now, since it basically means you can't rename till they fully patch it, which is basically a broken function.