1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Healing vs. Spirit Speak

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Black Sun, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    I posted this in the mage forum this morning, but haven't gotten a single reply, then realized that I may have been asking the wrong group of people for advice.

I was wondering today, which would be a better solution for healing on a mage?

I've always given my mages healing & anatomy as a backup to healing with magery. But this morning as I was working on my necro, I began wondering if spirit speak would be a better solution? Am I getting any sort of damage bonus from having anatomy or should I dump healing/anat in favor of SS, and free up another 100 points? His current template is:

Magery 110
    Meditation 110
    Eval 110
    Inscript 100
    Healing 100
    Anat 100
    Resist 100

Int 125
    Dex 30
    Str 80
  2. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Um, with that level of dex healing isn't helping you much there. The speed of the heal is dependent on that. so it is worth keeping 200 in a skill that heals you/cures in 10-12 seconds, or using magery/scrolls/potions?

Plus a mage has no use for either skills. You'd do better to raise your resist to 110 or higher, possible add necro/ss, though that's up to what your playstyle is.

You could add hiding and stealth, or some other combo. Or just add in alchemy and then use potion% jewels to use bombing as a technique.