1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Health Bars are Wonky

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fat Lip, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Fat Lip

Fat Lip Guest

First, I'm speaking of the health bars that you pull up from creatures.

The problem in the 2d client is that when you have a creature's health bar pulled up, after you kill it, it darkens then stays on the screen after they're dead. I would like the health bars of dead creatures to disappear once they're killed.

Now, onto the health bars of pets. Also in the 2d Client.

Currently, if you have a pet's health bar pulled, and you try to mount it, the health bar disappears. I would like it if when you mount a pet, their health bar stays on the screen, it just darkens out. Then when you unmount it, the health bar gets its color back.

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I agree on both counts.

Also it would be nice if the names on the player bars didn´t change all the time. Not sure what triggers it but all of a sudden they all have the same name or a pet´s name...

3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I read the title as "HEATH bars..." and I thought this was a public warning about dangerous candy.

4. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed submit it as a bug to uobugs

-Lorax

5. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

They're only dangerous in the quantities I would eat them in, if I had them.
    I love those things.

6. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If I have one health bar pulled up it goes away when I kill the creature. If I have two pulled up, one stays and one goes away.

Pets have always done that.

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Yea they always have, but just because something has always been that way doesn't make it the best way, or mean there is no room for improvement.

Few things I'd like to see happen to health bars...

Creature/Player dies his health bar greys but stays.. this can be used to open the corpse (would be great for when corpses "Stack") or the bars vanish but we get an "Open Valid Corpses in Range" hot key, that only allows the corpses of Hostiles you have looting rights, to open with a button press not valid against player corpses of course.

When you leave/disband a party all bars revert to Normal not disappear

the Before Mentioned Pet Mount/Dismount Bar function

8. Fat Lip

Fat Lip Guest

I put in 2 more bug reports for these issues. If other people could put some in, maybe they'll straighten it out soon.

9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I would really like em to fix party bars, so when someone loses conn and comes back, or they add a new member, the bars don't jump all over the screen!

10. Fat Lip

Fat Lip Guest

I'm all for that fix too.

11. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i think the bar staying after the monster dies is when other things happen. It seems to be random but maybe some things you do may be causing it.

if you run off the screen and come back

12. Fat Lip

Fat Lip Guest

The health bars of dead creatures stay on screen even if you recall out of an area.

13. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

you can pretty much do this.

Create a macro to "select nearest" and then "follower" and it will behave exactly as you say when you press the macro button.

The same is true for killing things - create a macro for "select nearest" and then "foe" and the opposite will happen just as you like.

this is in the 2D client.

14. Aroma

Aroma Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It'll get fixed next expansion when we get ride-able dragons right? right?
    or wishful thinking hmmm..

15. canary

canary Guest

And add a legacy 'spell lock' bar too so you don't accidentally keep dragging your icons everywhere. :p

16. Fat Lip

Fat Lip Guest

Can a Developer chime in and say if these fixes will be in the next patch/publish please?

17. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I"m currently hunting right now with multiple pets. The problem HERE is, when one of them dies, it's healthbar completely disappears. There are times when we would like a healthbar to remain...can ya fix that too?

18. TheMac

TheMac Guest

Sometimes when Im fighting people I can't grab their health bar. Can you make it so it reads my mind and drags it out for me please?! Thanks in advance!

19. American

American Guest

It's an 8yr old bug, and no, EA won't fix anything. Just give them your money.
    Amirite?