1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] Health Bars

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm still using legacy II after the second to last patch where EA made the healthbars have the massivly small X in the top right corner. Is there not just a simple set of mods that alter health bars only? I think that would be a beneficial project. If not can anyone tell me how to port over someone elses health bars to a new skin.

Also, why is there not a sticky in this forum linking people to modders exchange?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have asked in another post if one of our modders would write a small set of instructions on how to add mods in the EC for newbies and will put a sticky link in this (btw most all the modder exchange people have a link in all there posts)!

If I cant get anyone to write something up I will put a sticky in with a link!

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

change of plans I went ahead and placed a sticky that anyone with a site with mods or instructions on EC can ask to be added

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

5. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Pulling the bits and pieces of the Legacy II skin into individual skinning mods is on my TODO list... but probably won't be done for a while.

6. Cear Dallben Dragon

any idea where in a skin the health bar code is? I'll try modding it myself. on my screen the X out for the health bar is about 4 pixles. maybe if i could just have some code snippet to make them close on right click? anyone got one of those?

7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

MobileHealthBar.xml is the main file that handles the look of the health bars. It also will call a few other template xml files so be on the lookout for that.

I ended up making extra health bars so that I could do an entire reformat of the bars both before and after the patch in Copper and Stone.