1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy Loot

Discussion in 'UHall' started by archiv, Nov 27, 2014.

1. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 18, 2008
    I know I read something about this somewhere but have been unable to find it. So here's something non-turkey invasion related!
    What's the point/purpose of the magically heavy loot items now? other than pissing me off when I'm trying to unravel a container but cant because one of the 50 items is heavy and I have to go through every one to find out which one it is??
    Really though, is there a reason or use for them or just one of those pointless things put in to make looting more difficult?

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    "Unwieldy" gives an intensity bonus to the magic item upon creation. The downside is it's weight, but the item had a bigger intensity budget at creation than it would have otherwise. I think the bonuses are in this order from biggest to least:

1) cursed
    2) antique
    3) prized
    4) unwieldy
    5) normal
  3. Vermin

Vermin Adventurer

Aug 28, 2014
    Considering how much less you have to kill and loot to get 100 relic fragments or 100 essence now, it's hardly a major to whine about. Unless you're looting for magic residue alone, you're going to come out much better off in the "time spent hunting vs unraveling rewards" stakes anyway, even if you have to double or triple check your loot bag to remove heavy ones. Same goes for the amount of points you get for turning them in.

Sure it would be nice for them to be highlighted in some manner, but we aren't exactly worse off as it stands.