1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

HEEELLLPPPPP !!!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Urk of LS, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Urk of LS

Urk of LS Guest

OK I am tired of beating my head against the wall. and my wrist is starting to hurt. I am at 87.1 Cooking what should i be making for best gains? or does it not really matter and I just need to keep plugging away?

2. Lady Vivian

Lady Vivian Guest

I did bread all the way up until I hit 96 (cheapest thing to make and less steps) then changed to the Japanese fish dishes. Making the 3 different soups. until I reached 100. The Sushi platters are too costly IMO to use for training gains but the soup works fine. It can be a long hard grind to hit GM, just keep plugging along. Good Luck.:)

3. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

All three of my chefs used bread all the way to GM.

4. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

I also baked alot of bread - but at the high 80s and through to 100 --- I intermingled cakes and cookies and got a good boost with those 2 sweeties ... baking in Fel seemed to help a bit with the last few points.... honey is cheap

5. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Same her on my two chefs.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if the spring collections basket of herbs +10 to cooking will give you the ability to mark your foods at 90 skill. If it does, will save you having to train from 90 - 100. The basket has to be locked down in your home for your cook to benefit from it.

7. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I seem to remember doing soups at some point.

8. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Fish steaks. My cook is also my fisher, and if you take an alchemists heating stand with you and set it at your feet on the boat, you can fish and cook as you go. So, fish steaks, one at a time, over and over and over. If you're on Europa, gimme a shout and I'll be happy to take you out with me when I fish. I'll get fishing gains, you can cook it and get cooking gains :)

9. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I used bread and then large piles of fishsteaks for my three chefs. I think I still have 30k fishsteaks. :D

10. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My cook actually cooks for shard parties etc so I made everything at one point, but for actual skill grinding I did bread and fish steaks to gm.

11. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Like the other posters I just made bread all the way to gm,I used uoassist to make 50 dough and 50 bread.I gm'd his cooking 2 months ago.Just takes a lot of patience.

12. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

When I get really stuck with a skill and it just won't move, particularly a crafting skill, I start moving around crossing server lines. While I did most of my cooking at home, when I stopped gaining in the high 80-90's, I'd take a load of dough to the bakery in Brit, and as soon as I got my gain there, I'd head back home again. Another thing you can try is dying. People might argue, but I did that twice on two different chars (neither was my chef), and I did start gaining again.

13. Urk of LS

Urk of LS Guest

Thanks for all the advice. It was as I figured just keep pluggin away with da bread.

Thanks Again.