1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

hel with account

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by ExUoPlayer24, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ExUoPlayer24

ExUoPlayer24 Guest

I have a 100 month old account. And i am having a problem. All my characters are gone from when i played. Since i just started playing again. Will it be better to make a new account and just forget about the 100 month old account?

My new account has a few guys on it but they are not finished.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I wouldn't. at 100 months you have the 720 skill points rather than 700, you have access to vet rewards that they younger account can't use.

Your older characters should have been there however. It's not usual to find them missing.

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Keep the 100 month old account. If for nothing else but to have the extra skill points. Vet rewards are a nice bonus too.

But, I totally understand if you've got work into your other account and would rather keep it. If you want to get rid of the 100 month old account, you could always give it to someone with a guy riding a charger in his av. *hint hint* :D

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Make sure that you are looking at the right shard, too.

It's possible that you actually played the game on a different shard than you remember, and that your characters are elsewhere - like on Great Lakes instead of Lake Superior, or Drachenfels instead of Europa.

Another possibility is that your account info was hacked, and someone looted your account while you thought it was inactive. Contact EA by phone, and have them look at the account's history, and see if it was active at any time between the time you had it before, and when you came back. It's even possible that, if someone had your account name and password, that they could have looted it empty (and deleted the characters) in the "return to Britannia" events where inactive accounts can log in, that EA has every fall.

5. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Basara, do you know if EA is doing this this year? According to http://www.uo.com/return.html the Return to Britannia event runs from 9/25 to 10/9. but i know uo.com tends to have outdated info, so wasn't sure if that post was from last year...

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

If those were the dates for this year, they would have announced it on the herald, one would think.

If you search for that post, you find it was posted 24 September 2007.