1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hellhounds vs. Hellcats

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by JokerA, Jun 10, 2008.

1. JokerA

JokerA Guest

Hi to all. I'm new and in this post will be my first question. But first i want to say sorry about my english because may be sometimes you will have a problem to understand me :) .

Now... I want to ask you what you think about hellhounds and hellcats and their pluses and minuses. Please make little discussion about this two animals. I want to make herd for my tamer because many time i played only with dragons, nightmares, unicorns and etc. and now i want to change the style.

thanks to all

2. I can't say I have ever seen tamers with these animals, but this should be very interesting when the taming crowd sees this. I like the idea - unique.

3. I use to tame them when I was bored. They aren't strong. They aren't good for anything. Just something to do because we're tamers. We can tame whatever we want :thumbup1: *I wish*

4. prison bound

prison bound Guest

joker, one of the cool things about some of the lower animals is the pack instinct. pack instinct allows animals of the same type to do more damage. for example, if you have 1 wolf that does 10 damage a second, your 5 wolves might do 70 damage a second instead of only 50

i forget which animals have this property but you can tell by using animal lore on them and checking the 'pack instinct' property on the last page of the animals stats

ostards work well, especially the frenzied. there was a time when a tamer with 5 tamed, trained, bonded frenzied ostards could take on just about anything in the game, including doom bosses

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't tried hellcats, but I did make a pack of hellhounds. I then let them go so I can have a variety of pets instead of just the hellhounds. But my puppy pack was pretty amazing. Their damage output was a lot more than I've seen from anything else in game. The problem was with 130 hit points and low resists, they were very hard to keep alive against tougher opponents.

If I ever become a legendary tamer, I may try another pack, this time taking more time to get the good dogs.

6. JokerA

JokerA Guest

thanks to all for comments

I know that the power of this creatures is in their pack instincts. But may be i will try to make group of hellcats because they have more health from hell hounds. I think that the main problem of this creature is their very low resistance...

Thanks one more time

7. Doomsday

Doomsday Guest

Well let me tell ya! First of all this was around a year and a half ago but I saw a tamer with 5 hellcats take down a WW so yes they are good! But of course if your fighting monsters a rune beetle and something else would be a better option. Also you can catch beautiful bright blood red ones lying around in the dojo, they are rare but I've seen two now.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!