1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hello all, been away for years, how is the game these days?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eldanthar, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Eldanthar

Eldanthar Visitor

I am thinking about trying UO again after not playing for about 11 yrs or so. Just need something new to do, getting burnt out on everything else. How is the game now? Are the servers thriving or are they a ghost town?

Hope to hear some honest answers please.

2. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Atlantic is the most populated now, but others still have some life. There are a few that are a ghost town, like the Asian shards (though I suspect the time difference probably has a lot to do with that)

For pvp, if you want a fight at any time, Atl is the best choice, although the quality of pvp is lacking. Lake Superior is fairly active for both pvp & pvm; for pvm, just yell in gen chat & someone will probably answer.

3. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

You will want to find people to play with. That is the most important thing you can do. Once that happens, you'll find that there is too much to do with too little time to do it.

Catskills has been growing exponentially. Send me a PM if you end up over there and would like some people to play with.

Good luck.

Philly, Ludes and Captn Norrington like this.
  4. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

Come to Siege to get the closest feel to old UO (on an official shard). We have been seeing some uplift in our population, but the smaller existing population is awesome.

-Val'lyn

Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Well grab the 14 day trial or activate an old account login to a few shards and check them out.

Atlantic is definitely the most populated shard and if you like seeing people about then check it out. Most people "hang out" at Luna bank in Malas these days.

The other shards might seem like ghost towns but from my experience its about the local time zone and when you sign in.

6. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

theres plenty to do, lots of exploring plus new expansion suppossedly coming soon. easy to get overwhelmed with all the changes since you last played but the basics still hold true. explore, kill stuff, loot treasure. good times.

7. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

As anyone following these boards can tell you I am actively recruiting for my guild. We are a Virtue RP kingdom looking to people interested in bringing light to the dark land of Siege Perilous. We have a group of 4-5 new players starting now and it would be a great time to join because its rare to find a group of people starting from scratch. Most are returning vets, or players coming over from production shards to give Siege a try.

Message me here or icq me at [96629882] if you want to give it a try,

-Lore

8. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Welcome back!

9. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wish I could play all day,but I have work,kids,nagging wife,responsibilities...... blah blah

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  10. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Certifiable

Work is overrated as a source of income! :)

11. Spock's Beard

It's dead to semi-dead everywhere but Atlantic.

12. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

Hope you come back to join us =] been stated already but Atlantic the most populated.