1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

hello

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by MareJadeSky, May 20, 2013.

1. MareJadeSky

MareJadeSky Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran K^S

i just start a fisherlady and i am at 47.3, and i was wondering if you all knew what would be the best way to get gain skill

2. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Only way is to fish, go to a large dock area and map out your fishing spots. If you can find some alacrity scrolls they will help, but outside of paying mint for transcendence scrolls, you must fish. Once you hit 75 get a boat and go fishing. Be prepared for the sea serpents however!! If you have access to a vollem, they are wonderful protectors.

Have fun fishing, and save up for a high seas boat, you will need the storage. Oh and if you don't already have high seas, go get it!!

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If you go to the Royal City in Ter Mur, Ortlem the Mystic (south of the farmer's market tent) offers a quest called "A Mystic's Journey." He wants 100 daemon bones and 100 dragon blood. You can get the daemon bones by killing void creatures in Ter Mur (i.e., the sparkly black monsters with name in red that spawn near the edges of most land masses) or by killing stuff in Doom dungeon. The dragon blood is obtained by killing and skinning reptiles (dragons, sliths, etc.). The reward for the quest is a Crystal Ball of Knowledge. If you keep one turned on in your fisher's backpack while she is fishing, it will tell you whether or not you are fishing in a good spot to get fishing gains.

4. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Tina, for some reason I did not know about this. Is it similar to the fish finder that puts you on schooling fish?

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No, it has more in common with the skill tutor statuette. All my training chars carry one.

6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hello MareJadeSky...

Tina Small is right on here... I like to have the char who is training fishing sit in one spot where my Crystal Ball of Knowledge says it's optimal for gains to fish. This one is simple. Get the Crystal Ball of Knowledge and nose your ship against a shore. Fish. If the Ball says it's too easy back up one and try again. Rinse and repeat until you get optimal.
    For great info on fishing, UOGuide is your friend. Here's an excerpt from the Fishing page:

#6 startle, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013