1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Hello!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ersahi, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Ersahi

Ersahi Visitor

Hello people!

I'm a returning UO player, but so much has changed since I last played that it's hardly the same game. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to give me some pointers on the best way to proceed.

I would like to play a healer (healing/anat), but someone told me that it wasn't good anymore. I'm not looking to be a combat healer, just someone who can be useful from time to time, but if it's not very good then I'll have to reconsider what I'm going to do.

I was thinking of this as my basic idea:
    healing
    anat
    magery
    meditation
    spirit speak

Nothing too fancy, just enough to be useful and gives me things to keep me busy if people aren't dying all around me. And while I'm thinking about it do people buy finished products like scrolls and potions from other players, or do they just buy the raw materials and make them in house? If people don't buy scrolls and potions there's little reason for me to make them.

Also, where do people get reagents anymore? It didn't look like people were buying them from the vendors I saw, did the add a new method of getting them that I don't know about?

And thanks in advance! :)

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Hello and welcome back.

A question before I think we can help you further. What do you plan on doing with your healing template?

3. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

We do still buy reagents from the NPC vendors, it's just that we only do it on occasion, and we tend to buy them in large quantities. People do buy potions still(mostly in bottles, not keg form) as far as scrolls go, the Gate scroll is the main one that sells, that and full spell books. Welcome back.

4. Ersahi

Ersahi Visitor

Tjalle - Excellent avatar good sir.

Anyway, I was mostly looking to just find people and give them a hand if they need it with heals, resses, and gates.The thing that I liked about my idea is if I just wanted to wander around I could do so without a lot of money invested in stuff, just a few bandages and a few scrolls. If I wanted to go out more with a formal group I could do so and still be useful.

5. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

well first off lose the spirit speak, and put on eval int. that will do several things for you, boost your magery spell damage and heals and will give you passive wrestling with the combo of anatomy. than you should think of putting spellweaving on. You will need to lose either inscribe, alchy or heal. Personally bo would drop the healing. Healing is good if you have over 120 dex and bo has never seen a successful mage with 120 dex. With those little tweaks you would and could be useful to a group doing some hunting.

6. Leperosify

Leperosify Visitor

Welcome back.
    I loved playing healers!
    There is always go the pure mage route as a pure mage can fill most roles.

If your into "healer" type:
    Two things to consider would be survival and solo time.
    If your healing or ressing its probably because someone needs help or is dying ie there is danger about.
    How are you not getting hurt or killed?
    Personally Ive gone both the stealth route and peace making path in the past.
    Personally i like peace especially if you have alchy and or mage since you can invis if things get hot and heavy.
    Stealth is obviously the safest route...

Also having music and peace you can try your hand at provo.
    Provo is a pretty useful way of spending solo time.

If you like the friar singing hymns thing Id say:
    Heal
    anato
    music
    peace
    provo
    mage
    Med

I had a healer way way back with stealth that was fun
    100- Heal
    80 - Anat
    100 - Hide
    75 - Stealth
    100 - Herd
    90 - SS - kind of obsolete now
    100 - Begging
    75 - camping
    This would really lack in the solo department now a days. but i had fun with it.
    Beyond healing and ressing I'd lure dragons, ghost loot, ect.

mikni likes this.
  7. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Greetings...

It looks like you were trying to add inscription and alchemy as a gold generator vs. the bonuses (inscription for Spell Damage Increase or alchemy for potion boost) that they add to other skills.

There are faster ways to make gold than selling potions or scrolls. A quick farming trip for imbuing ingredients will net you gold plus something to sell at the New Mag player vendor stalls. Most folks don’t use a lot of regs as their suits are 100% Lower Reagent Cost made by player with the imbuing skill.

Play the template that you like, but allows you to solo a bit or play in a group. If you are starting fresh, be sure to look for the “New” guild on Siege as they help people get a start. Also check the professional forums on Stratics for template examples.

A lot of players will use soul stones to swap skills especially on Siege where you are allowed only one character per account. Nothing can be transferred in or out of Siege, so just be aware of that before you go too far. If soul stones are not your thing, you really need to plan out the template before investing too much time – test center shard is a great place to experiment with all the templates by saying “Set Eval to 120” to see what that extra 20 points will do for you on heals.

Some quick template ideas to get you started assuming you want to be a mage and don’t have any power scrolls.

Starter Mage – Allow you to get around a bit and help out as needed.

Magery (100)

Eval (100)
    Med (100)

Resist (100)

Extra Skill #1
    Extra Skill #2

Extra Skill #3

Myst/Mage

Magery (100)

Eval (100)
    Med (100)

Resist (100)

Focus (100)
    Msyt (100)

Anat (100)(Dodge)

Necro/Mage

Magery (100)

Eval (100)
    Med (100)

Resist (100)

Necro (100)
    SS (100)

Anat (100) (Dodge)

Solo-Farmer

Magery (100)

Eval (100)

Resist (100)

Focus (100)
    Msyt (100)

Hiding (100)

Stealth (80)(allows you to venture into deeper areas faster since Siege turned-off passive detect)

Eventually you will get power scrolls and can boost skills with items or hard skill gain points. if you like Siege, eventually you will become addicted to soul stones and swap skills in and out. Just plan ahead on the template variations to be able to swap (100s for 100s, 110s for 110s, 115s for 115s, or 120s or 120s) skills in and out easily. You will probably want to boost skills (Eval, SS, or Focus) that provide better damage and heals, then you have to figure out which skill to drop or reduce on the template. Excel is your friend here

Blaeke likes this.
  8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

A template that will cover all this is a stealth myst/mage.

Magery 115
    Myst 115
    Focus 115
    Med 100 (80 if your skill cap is 700)
    Ninjitsu 100
    Hiding 100
    Stealth 75

Magery will allow you to heal, res and gate.
    Myst/focus will allow you farm/kill stuff.
    Hiding/ninja will allow you to get to dangerous places unseen by monsters and get away from PKs. Smoke bombs and animal form are your friends.

Blaeke likes this.
  9. Ersahi

Ersahi Visitor

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll have to settle down and figure out exactly how I want to end up. I'm currently training up a heal/anat/mage/med/eval base, which should get me heading in the direction I want. If this doesn't work out well I guess I'll just have to change it up, but at least you guys game me some ideas of how I can proceed.

Thanks again everyone.