1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes & Introductions' started by Philly, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

My name is Philly. I have been playing UO since 1997. My account is 196 months. As we all know things have come along way. When I started you could have one house per character. I was part of the Skara Rangers on LS back in the 90's. We had long server downs so during that(my play time) people were killing each other during 2 hour unsaved time lol. So I played on Baja during that time mining ore. I ended up making the change to Baja and was one of the first dozen GM Smiths her name is Sugar. So I would mine all day and make armor at end of each day. People would line up at my little house in Felucca(that wasn't Felucca yet because that's all there was) next to the Minoc stables. Back then if you were GM Smith you were a God and all the guys wanted to marry me! LOL On 11-11-2000 Our shard held a Miss Baja contest. I won and still have the screen shots :p But I never received my prize. To this day that makes me sad..yeah yeah your hearts all bleed peanut butter. Then Trammel came out and during that down time I ended up with a house on Catskills, Lake Superior, Baja and Yamoto. I still have all those houses but have made another account to come be with everyone on ATL. I'm not in LLTS but I thank them for bringing everyone together for all those books they left of all the shards for years inviting everyone to come join them. You may ask why I have not joined Stratics sooner? Honestly :p I had never used a computer till I seen my husband playing UO and I said WHATS THAT? as I vaccumed around his desk. I love UO and have spent almost all my time as a merchant making things for others. Not so much this days since the game has changed so much. That Imbuing still baffles me LOL. So here I am and wanted to say hello and let you all know a little bit about me!

2. Alexandra88

Alexandra88 Journeyman
    Alumni

Welcome @Philly ! Have a nice time... ;)

3. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

ty Alexandra

Alexandra88 likes this.
  4. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Philly, neat little story. Ah I wish I had noticed uo way back then but I didn't start gaming until shortly after the introduction of item insurance. I've taken breaks here and there over the years as unfortunately guilds I was a part of didn't always last. I still don't get the imbuing stuff (never got into it), but I just started playing again. I have to say, kind of refreshing. But, over the course of 12+ years now, I've played quite a few games. Guild Wars the original and Guild Wars 2, Lineage I and II, EVE Online, Dragon Nest, Warcraft, FFXI, FFXIV and some others here and there. Probably my most memorable times were playing a thief in FFXI back when you needed 6 man parties just to get experience points. The games not much fun any more as it's pretty watered down, but I capped out at 99 every job I wanted to, 14 or 15 in all.

It's nice to play UO again though, placed a house, started crafting again. Good times!

#4 Diomedes Artega, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  5. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Welcome to the community :)

6. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

Nice to hear about you Diomedes, bet you could tell us all a thing or 2 about gaming or should I say games? I played WOW for 5 years but kept my UO account paid and popped in now and then. Missed a lot though and WOW was'nt worth missing what I missed.

7. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

TY Capt =] Im in your guild *giggles*

Captn Norrington likes this.
  8. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Oh, lol :) *slaps self*

azmodanb likes this.
  9. GasaiYuno

GasaiYuno Adventurer

Hey, welcome to the forum.

10. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah let's see I played WOW for 4 years or so and have to pretty much agree with you. At least I did play WOW though when it wasn't completely watered down like it is now. It was nice to fight in some areas that had all elite monsters and where you were lucky to not die.