1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

help a brutha out - house spot?

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by peanutbutter, Dec 19, 2008.

1. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

hey all. i need a 16x16 spot somewhere for a house.

fel, tram, whatever... long as it's little to no spawn.

i can pay a little if someone finds me the right spot.

thanks!

2. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

spot less then one screen away from Yew moongate. Its due east. There was a 18x18 there now its gone.

3. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

i dont' see it... tram?

4. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can get you into a Trammel 16*14 right now for only the cost of the placement if your interested. Just let me know either way through ICQ (65361739) or PM.

5. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yes

6. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you don't find a spot today ICQ me at 406-004-845. I know a couple spots I can show you if they are still there.

7. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

thanks for all the responses, guys. i have an 18x18 spot i'm looking at, but placing houses sucks.

since i've been back, it's been messed up. the house graphic floats about 3 inches (on a 22" monitor) above my cursor and it i snear impossible to place a large house.

so, i'm sneaking off to get my daughter a kitten, then back to try to place (if it's still there). i'm going to try it on a different PC and maybe even have a trusted friend log into my account and do it.

if it doesn't work out, i'll still be looking to get into a house...

thanks again!

8. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman

Make sure that your game window is placed all the way to the top in the left hand corner of your screen. That is usually what makes the house plot float like that. If the game window is moved into the above position, it should place ok for you as long as nothing is blocking its placement.

9. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

i'll give that a shot.

with a 22" widescreen, there's alot of room left over, so i scoot it to the right about 3" to make room for unused spells and ventrilo overlay (so i can see who's talking).

thanks!

10. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman

Do the same thing here (32" tv doubling as a monitor:) )...makes it so much easier to get everything I need on the screen all together.

11. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

thank you kensai for showing me the swamp spot

thank you Vepl for your awesome gift

thank you all for your responses and help along the way. i now have a house :)

12. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats and Enjoy It!!!!

13. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman

peanutbutter, how big is the swamp house? I have a 17*17 (I think its that size, might be a bit bigger one way or the other) that is decaying since I placed a house on Atlantic if your interested. Right by the Buc's Den teleporter in Trammel.

14. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

preciate it, but i was given a house just outside of umbra. it's not quite 17x, but it suits my needs.

i'm making a small "shrine" dedicated to the an who gifted it to me on the roof, complete with some armor crafted by him, hid guild stone, and some guild awards i found stashed away.

thanks again for all the help, friends!