1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help... Can't Unravel Stuff!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kafka72, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Kafka72

Kafka72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So I upgraded to SA and made a gargoyle with 50 imbuing and 50 mysticism. Got set up with some runes to and fro. So I buy an unraveling bag with intentions of just getting rid of some junk around the house for right now. The message I get says something like "You fail to unravel the items due to lack of skill". Now I thought that basically you could unravel anything pretty much at any skill level, the only thing the skill level determined is what you get from the process. Oh, and sometimes when I try unraveling stuff I just get a message "0/1 items unraveled" without the lack of skill message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

actually no the skill level determines IF you can unravel the item! if the item is to high level for you you will not be able to unravel it!
    go out and kill a ogre and grab the loot from it and unravel it i bet you have no problems !
    the items you are trying to unravel are probably just to high for you yet

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

@ 0 skill you can unravel items that will give magic residue
    @ 50.1 you can unravel items that will give enchanted essence
    @ 95.1 you can unravel items that will give relic fragments.

4. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Burn DC runics into daggers (3 ingots) and unravel those you get about 100 residue a hammer.

5. sikooovision

sikooovision Guest

Yea Kafka I was in the same boat ...

Thing is, I keep hearing people suggest getting DC Runics, ect and burning to get a bunch of daggers and such to unravel. But, What if I don't have any blacksmiths? I have never played a mule, so this Imbuer will be my first. Any tips for players in my situation? Any good places to get items I can unravel at Level 50 without making them myself?

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

or if your crafter has bowcrafting, craft a bunch of bows out of oak wood.. make sure they are exceptional.

7. uorichreallifepoor

uorichreallifepoor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

no smith no prob. like the guy said go kill orgs take the loot and unravel it thats if your looking to get you skill higher thats what i did and now im at 103

8. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Really low-end monster loot can be unravelled from zero. Loot crap armor with 2,3,3,2,4, etc resists and jewels/weapons with like 1-5 LRC, 1 FC... just really crappy loot. If you end up with some items that you can't unravel now, you will be able to later. There is no shortage of crap loot, so fishing some up isn't difficult. Take your PvMer, do a Mel and bring all the crap home or just find creatures that drop a lot of loot. There's no real need for a luck suit. You don't need anything with high intensity properties. If you can kill Bone Daemons quickly, that drops a lot. Miasma, the named spiders and such at twisted weald, etc.

Once you have enough crap, load up the packies and hit the soulforge. Take an extra bag or 5 for recycleables that you can't unravel now.

That should get ya off to a good start. :)

9. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For most crap per kill. Go kill swoop a couple of times.

I unravel each item individually, it will give you a reason if it does not unravel.

10. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Naaa not one at at time, you will gm imbue in 2010, Buy a few unravel bags, pack those up, and what dosnt unravel gos into another unravel bag.

11. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

What Kaleb said.

Unravel bags are your friend. No need for a "reason". Not hard to figure out that what doesn´t unravel now will be unraveled later... ;)

12. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

now that we imbibe there is no such thing as crap loot,your going to need residue for some items so it's all headed to the soul-forge. in one fel swoop( he he that was a pun) we have became a land of recyclers