1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help Chat Commands

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by csany, Feb 2, 2010.

1. csany

csany Guest

I can guild speak, alliance speak, party speak, and even leave a note to self. However, I cannot figure out how to speak in the Help Chat. Help! :confused:

2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You use the comma "," to speak in chat.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

List of funky chat and associated things

/(space) Party
    \(space) Guild
    |(space) Alliance
    ,(space) the chat channels (Help, General, etc. - whichever you currently in)
    One of the square brackets is used for the private chat with a GM, when the GM establishes a chat channel with you (rare, but it does happen).

: (space) does an emote that others around you can see. It is used to roleplay actions that you can't actually do in game. *this is an example of what an emote looks like* or *EM Sarthus farts in your general direction* , etc. This is one of the few speech functions that can trace its ancestry back to IRC.

I think that ;(space) is whisper, but I've never used it.

CTRL-B makes the character bow in the direction it is facing, in 2D. I've not tested it in EC, or with a Gargoyle in either client. It can be used for other purposes, along with emotes (example, mooning, or a macro that casts an ebolt, bows, emotes *Mel Gibson shoots lighting at you from his arse*, then targets the foe.)

There's another one for Saluting, but I can't remember it.

4. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

CTRL-S = salute

Also to note:

Emotes in the EC do not use the (space) between the ":" and the text. :dances a jig = *dances a jig*

; (space) is indeed used for whisper (no (space) in the EC), but I don't remember the range... 1 or 2 tiles maybe?

And this one is handy for repeating text i.e. house decorating, chatting, auctions and so on.

repeat text <ctrl> + Q (in the CC) or <shift> + Page Up (in the EC).

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*EM Sarthus farts in your general direction*

lol I love your examples Basara

6. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Don't forget yell
    !(space) Yell! - It used to show in the lower left corner of the gameplay window like the chat when used and a player was off the screen up to a certain distance. Pretty sure its still broken though, last I tried was like 6 months ago.