1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Help deciding between templates

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Stormbringer127, Jul 12, 2010.

1. So im having a hard time deciding between templates for a PVM toon. I general do solo PvM or with a tamer or 2. Im looking for a toon that can solo pinks, and other things about that same difficulty as well as provide good damage when im with my friends. I am debating between the following (unless someone has a better idea): I have a 720 skill account

(As a side note I have never had a necro, weaver or mystic)

120 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    120 Myst
    120 Focus
    120 ? (maybe weaving, never had one)

120 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Med
    105-115 Necro (+5 from tally)
    110 SS (+10 from tally)
    135-145 ? Poisoning? for castable deadly?

Tri Mage
    120 Myst
    120 Focus
    100 Necro (+5 from tally)
    110 SS (+10 from tally)
    110 Mage
    110 Eval
    50 Med

Also I have never had a garg. how much different is building a suit with one? can they only equip items that say for garg or can they equip other stuff too? was thinking garg with myst for RC sounds appealing unless its better not to for suit reasons.

Any help would be appreciated. I have all skills above on some toon or another up to at least 100 but for weaving & myst. have a 99 necro i have never used just worked up. Also I have a 100 alchy and 100 scrib 120 music and 118 disco if that would help with other builds.

Thanks a ton in advance.
  2. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    I would like to hear about this as well. I am just now getting into using a spellcaster, and am not sure whether to go the necro/mage or mystic/mage route.
  3. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Your first template is the one is use with spellweaving for the last skill slot. I run it on a garg. Very effective, I can solo medusa (takes a while but can be done). Great for groups (RC, Cleasinsing Winds, Gift Of Renewal, WoD, ect.) I use this template to do any of the mini spawns in the abyss as well.

Im not sure what "135-145 ? Poisoning? for castable deadly?" means but you can only have 100 Poisoning and as far as I know only posion fields can be used to inflict deadly as far as spells go. For PvM thihs is gonna be a pretty useless skill.

The last template isnt really viable either since its a mana heavy template, 50 med won't cut it.

So if it were me, and it kinda is since I use it lol, go with template #1 with spellweaving ;).

As far as playing a Garg. Its pretty easy to get a suit and all that. I have a full 70s, 40 lmc, 12 mana regen, among other things, suit. Only trouble is dci but if you can get a slither and a tangle you should be ok.