1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help for Spanish Speaking Player

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shelleybean, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For a few weeks now, there's been a player asking in chat if anyone speaks Spanish. I know a little Spanish, but mostly I can understand what I hear but not speak it. I want to advise the player to try another shard, maybe Euorpa. Is there a Spanish speaking population on that server? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I don't know if they're still active, but there are at least two players on Siege who used to regularly speak Spanish in general chat.

3. RaistlinNowhere

RaistlinNowhere Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

hi there, im spanish and theres some people here on Europa as well. Tell him mi icq (is at my profile) if he already use it , if not tell him to go to europa.

The siege ones are the same that europa , hehe.

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Europa's shard motto on Stratics is "learning to swear in 44 languages."

One of them has got to be Spanish.

I played on Europa for some time some years ago and it was a lot of fun. (Among other things, I learned that "Galen" means "crazy" or "mad" in Swedish.)

Most communication is in English but with all those Europeans (oddly enough) some have got to be Spanish.

There may be some issue between the different forms of Spanish! But all of them are likely closer to one another than they are to, say, English.

Europa was a great shard when I played it, I have no impression it's less great now.

-Galen's player

5. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There used to be Spanish players on Drachenfels too (which is NOT a German shard btw), but I don't really know how many are left. My friend known as "rat" left UO a few years ago.