1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

HELP:- Gaining Taming above 105.8

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by JediSith, Apr 1, 2009.

1. JediSith

JediSith Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get quick gains from above 105. I was interested if anyone has any tips or monster/locations advice for me.

Currently i am just geting one gain from taming ridgebacks... i was wondering if there a quicker to fast track taming to 120. At this rate it will take me 142 days to get to 120.

Thanks, Jedi

2. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

It took me abit. But I just kept doing Bulls.
    Delucia, And other spots.
    I know it is slow. But hey.
    I hit 120 tame, lore this way.
    I would mix it up sometimes and tame Bate's

3. Cu sidhe, Gamen, Bake, Ridgebacks and bulls least of all.

It helps to use skill jewelry that only adds enough skill until you hit the sweet spot were you succeed 40-60%. Sometimes those +1-5 taming bracelets and rings sure help while training.

4. Clair

Clair Guest

From 100 to 120 I did one gammon a day for .1 skill every day till I got to 120.

5. From 100-115, I used jewelry to get enough skill to tame cu sidhe and started taming those. I gained about 1 point a day (1-3 hours taming) up through about 116, then gains dropped WAY down until it was GGS only after about 118 skill.

Best surprise: I had a friend who was also training taming at the same time. She said her skill was stuck at about 105 while taming ridgebacks, and asked me to see if there was anything I could do. I went to the cu sidhe with her character and some low skill jewelry and started taming. Got gains right away. After 15 minutes and a couple gains, I was walking away to log when a blaze cu sidhe spawned! Mine!

6. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

At that level I jeweled up to 120 and tamed Ki Rins for the zoo. It was still slow but not so bad as I was working on another goal at the same time.

7. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yep, now I've passed GM with some of my nooblet tamers I tend to just work spawns of this or that rather than tame bulls and ridgebacks. Those are handy for a quick GGS and a short session while you have a cuppa, but I prefer to work my taming while doing something else if possible.

I've been working taming alongside disco and provo around the cu spawn which has done really nicely as all my skills are around the same level. It's not as fast as if I minimised my skill usage, but the account I'm training hasn't the room to soulstone skills. And sometimes it's just fun to use the skills normally, y'know? I think cu's and the zoo are a great thing, wish I'd had them when I was taking Ailsa to 120, I still get twitchy at the sight of a ridgeback :D

Wenchy

8. Krazanth

Krazanth Guest

Is the zoo now accepting Cu's?

9. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sadly not, you need to either want a particular cu or be after a blaze to go cu taming. Though there is still a market for good pups albeit for less gold than before.

Wenchy