1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help! I can't remember what my vendor sold!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Stranger, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

I have had this problem for the longest time. I stock my vendor full of goodies and log off. Then when I log back on I have sold a lot of stuff but I can't remember what I sold or for how much. It would be nice if there was some sort of sales history for vendors.

For example:

It would be easy to do just click on the vendor to open the context menu and select Sale History. (Or whatever you want to call it.)
    [​IMG]

Then a menu like this would pop up showing you all the details.
    [​IMG]

Remove - Clears the item history from the list.
    Item - Name of the item that you are selling or sold.
    Stocked - Day and time you stocked the item.
    Sold - Day and time the item sold.
    Buyer - Name of the person who bought the item.
    Sold For - Amount the item sold for.
    Fees - Amount of gold you spent keeping the item stocked on your vendor.
    Profit - Total amount of gold you earned for selling the item.

And of course you would be able to sort the list by item name, date, profit, etc.

And for those freaking out because they don't want other people to know that they bought from their vendor...They could add an option to the players context menu to toggle Yes, show my name when I buy from a vendor or No, don't show my name when I buy from a vendor. If they even decide to include players names.

I guess all that information wouldn't really be needed. It could be simplified to look like this.
    [​IMG]

Or even simpler.
    [​IMG]

Just a neat feature I wish was in the game :) It's a pain to use text files or pictures to try and remember what I sold and for how much.

Heck, I'd even be happy with something like this!
    [​IMG]

(I know, I know, I did horrible on the pictures. They aren't much different. I could of done better, blah blah blah who really cares. They are just an example.)

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sounds like a nice idea. Only problem I could see is that suddenly I'd realize if I were running one of my vendors at a loss.

3. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think there is a lot of merit to this idea. I am not much of a merchant myself, but on the occasion I have given it a go this would have been a great feature.

Also I think your mockups were wonderful. I always like to see an idea fleshed out with conceptual drawings, storyboards and mockups. this is how it is done in the business world and always helps to sell the idea. Nicely done! :thumbup:

Happy Holidays!

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

man i was -just- recently thinking of how awesome this would be. post it in ask the devs. good post.

5. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

6. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Two thumbs up.

7. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Excellent idea. Really like it.

8. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

fantastic idea!

9. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Newb. This is UHall. You cant just come here to spew good ideas with sound logic and well thought out implementation, then highlight it with detailed images to show how helpful your feature would be with an already conceived friendly user interface. If they implemented something like this what would I do with all the time I usually spend writing my inventory on paper or programing it into long excel documents that need to be updated manually every time somebody buys something. If they implemented this then there would be one less monotonous tedious thing to consume my playtime and frustrate me. How can you expect us to get cranky and sufficiently motivated to log in and start abusing the chat system with vulgarities if you start making this game more user friendly? You're such a care-bear. Go back to tram and take your brilliant ideas with you.
    :cursing:

10. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I just put a book on each vendor with the inventory and pricing. Title the book and drop on the vendor and type "mine" so it is not for sale. If something is selling fast and my vendor stocking slides for a bit I know what to lift prices on a little and what they sold for.

11. useless.
    But in a way that I absolutely need it. I think its great for my merchant.

12. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I LOL'D IRL.

13. Deb

Deb Guest

:thumbup: Yes, definitely post in the "Ask Developers" Forum.
    This would be a great help for those that do vendors. I know that
    I sometimes forget prices on my stuff. (Old Age) :):):):)

14. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well played sir!

15. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

nice presentation ... the mockups are great and quite good at illustrating the point.

I don't run vendors ATM but I'd certainly appreciate this kind of ability if I did.

16. Nails

Nails Journeyman

That would be amazing!

17. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

18. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran

Well done.

While I have not used vendors much myself -
    your idea's look fantastic (to me), and would be a welcome addition to the game.

19. Wonton fooey

Wonton fooey Guest

I love the idea but good luck having it implemented. *Crosses fingers*

20. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

21. uorichreallifepoor

uorichreallifepoor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

WE NEED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN :thumbup1:

22. Great illustrations and a fantastic idea!! I would certainly appreciate this for my vendors. I hope it happens!!:party:

23. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

its people like you that should be giving the ideas to the devs, they should not think of anything on their own, UO needs "idea people" and all the devs do is program that idea and make it happen in game, would make the game a lot more enjoyable

24. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Great idea and very nicely presented. I would love to see something like this implemented.

25. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

I love this idea. It could be a great help to merchants.

26. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

AAARRRGGGGHHH :thumbup:

things like that CAN only be made under a decade by professionals, ......hmmmm

maybe we should ask the MODDERS :)

:danceb:

27. Sir Kelek

Sir Kelek Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Fantastic idea, I forget what I might have sold all the time. Could always write down whats on vendors, but meh...

28. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

This is brilliant. This system should most certainly be implemented. It would make it so much easier for players to track items/prices on their vendors. I really like the detailed menu with the date stocked and date sold, though I agree that "purchased by" might not go over very well. And a sorting system (the menu obviously based on current BOD books) would be very helpful to vendors who have multiples of the same item or many different items.

DEVS make it happen!

:thumbup:

29. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Great idea, just make sure that it also logs the names of characters and what they bought. THEN it becomes a handy tool, especially when it comes to tracking down those nasty Duped Item buyers.....

Maybe the Devs can also put the Heralds to better use. After they announce your entrance into the house, they can say "Welcome back Sir Shops a Lot !!!...I'm sorry,but we're out of "insert item here" that you purchased during your last visit...have you tried "Insert closet vendor name/location"??

30. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Totally agree! In addition to submitting it to the "Ask the Devs" forum I suggest submitting it to the feedback page on the UO website. Cover as many bases as possible to get this implemented.

31. Cymidei Fier

Cymidei Fier Guest

I would love a system like this but it would be better if it were part of a broker or auction system with the option to teleport to the vendor shop and buy the item you want directly from the vendor and save fees.

Make it a searchable shard wide system and UO would be much improved. Less hassle finding stuff you need to play the game while rewarding people who stock their vendors and keep shop. If you maintain your shop and are a good merchant you will have people flocking to your establishment regardless of location.

32. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

oh yes yes!!!

33. Pure inspiration! Makes me want to make a mock-up of an idea. I really like the possibility of catching people duping. Well played.

34. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

This is a great idea, the support is "Smack you in the face" obvious I dont see why this, or something like it wouldnt be implimented.

I rarely keep track of what i stock, and how much it sold for, would be very helpful to me in a number of ways. I cast my vote with the Ayes :thumbup1:

35. Malimus

Malimus Guest

Love this idea. Good job sir! :thumbup1:

36. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

/Signed.

Great idea!

37. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Great idea!

Then we can have a web site that searches all the vendor histories called searchuosoldhistory.com and get plots of averages and latest maximums and minimums across all shards or specific shards.

That would be tremendous.

-Lorax

38. altarego

altarego Guest

What if I don't want my purchases to be logged? What if I want people to respect my privacy regarding my purchases? Sure, log that it was sold, but don't log my chars name.

39. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This idea is great! Would be very useful for me!
    Also very nice job illustrating it!

:thumbup1::thumbup:

40. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The only problem I have is in the first possible implementation, and that is the "buyer's name". The only reason I have a problem with it is that every once in a while I find an item which is mispriced (i.e. a zero is left out) and tracking down the player who bought the item at the greatly reduced value could cause a lot of drama and very few solutions.

On the other hand, if someone accidentally bought an overpriced item, finding the buyer to correct the oversight could also be easier, which gives an opportunity for doing some good.

Still, it is a well written proposal for an item which will help merchants a great deal!

41. SevenFaith

SevenFaith Lore Master

Which freeshard are you not giving credit for this? :p

Don't take something as your own idea when it's clearly not :)

42. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

Good idea Stranger.

I originally lost my interest in vendors because it was such a unidirectional way of interacting with buyers. You loaded stuff on your vendors and some days later it's gone. Never saw the buyers.
    Never knew if one particular player was buying my recall scrolls in mass quantities at 45 gold (most likely to re-sell at 55 on his vendors).
    In fact, there was no interaction, no feed-back. Just filling up vendors.

Thumbs up!

43. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah

I know.

I almost quit UO, and stopped lurking in UHall over this!! The fargin' Nerve of this person!!

I was having a perfectly great morning...right up until I read this.

By the way...to the OP...:thumbup::party:

But I AM a little peeved...Geez!!

:sad2::rant2:

:lol:

44. Fink

Fink Guest

Nice mock up. :thumbup1:

45. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Is this something that could be a mod on the EC?

I mean to say that I like it very much, but vendoring items seems different today. The whole merchant atmosphere has changed, not to make it impossible, but almost all the traffic seems to go to one place. That would make a tool like this truly useful to a rather small portion of our population, and there are a lot of things that still need addressing.

With that said, I do hope something like this makes the radar for more than just vendoring. The ability to recall information and inventory on stored objects has far reaching applications, and could be a first step on the road to lots of other things that have been asked for and not just by merchants.

46. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I definitely like this idea. IT would help out a ton as I forget what I put on vendors from time to time.

47. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is a very good idea. But my question is.... how did you make the graphics for that. You're not running or playing on an unauthorized server are you? If so.. why come here with such good ideas if you can do that in your game play already??? :sad2::sad2::stretcher::(

48. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Excellent Idea. You think it will be ready by the next publish??? Ok Seriously I am all for it!!!!!

49. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wow... This is an excellent idea!!!! I thought I was the only one who had that thought after selling items. I support this idea 1000%.

Reference me to a thread where the Devs have been notified of this and I will put a vote in. :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: