1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help I got funky potions glitches

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Okay I decided to empty my potions kegs into bottles to save lock downs. I have Invisibility potions that look like Greater confusion blast potions, and won't stack with my other invisibility potions.

Then I find some parasitic potions that say Deadly Poison when its in the keg, but empty it into bottles and it says parasitic. This too will not stack with any other of the same kind.

Yes,I'm using taste ID and these two are the only ones to give me any trouble.

Kyronix if your on what do you think???

2. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

I have the Invisibility 2 kinds problem too but mine is caused by one kind being alchemist produced and the light colored one is from the sponges from the Kings Collection. I think the same might be the problem on the deadly/parasitic also.

3. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I made a bug report about the deadly/parasitic potions months ago. Guess it's not fixed yet.

Jirel of Joiry likes this.
  4. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Have you checked the expiration dates on them?

*Taps pipe and stuffs it with some rare Lakeshire Tabac. Picking up an ember with tongs from the fire he lights the pipe and puffs it to life*

5. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The few I have like that, are old ones from way back and made by a diff alchy than my current one. I always assumed that was the reason.

6. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The strengh potions use the same code as supernova and stat loss removal potions sadly, so if you make a UOAssist maccro for one of these, and you have all three in your pack, it will use a random one everytime. Very annoying bug since YEARS. I dont know I mean devs comon, is it that hard to create a new code when you create a new potion ?? Comon.. @Kyronix @Bleak

CovenantX likes this.
  7. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

I think this is the problem right here. I really wish a Dev team member would pop in and say something. I wish they'd fix stuff like this.

The whole reason stuff like like this gets broken in game is because they don't think and document when they add things.

Remember when they did the whole blow up Blackthorn's Keep in Ilishnear? Okay if it wasn't for my sister Luc, they'd have broken the old Collector's Quest permanently. When they blocked off access the keep, she emailed Mesanna. She asked if she was going to put Juggernauts and Betrayers somewhere else in game. Mesanna replied why. Luc pointed out that those were need for part of the collectors quest and without them it would be broken. Mesanna's reply was "Oh, we didn't know about that."

That the sad part is this game has had sooo many Dev teams, has moved sooo many times, and code documentation is either lost/lacking/none existent.

I would think with thought and planning that glitches and broken stuff could be avoided.

8. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

9. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Bug report ?

10. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I haven't actually ever gotten parasitic poison from the sponges though. I made mine myself and they still come up as deadly poison when put into kegs.