1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Help, I need a shoehorn (ABC+ Weaving template)

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by BadManiac, Oct 15, 2009.

1. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Here's the template I had in mind.

120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    100 Spellweaving
    100 Anatomy
    100 Tactics
    100 Healing
    100 Resist
    65 Chivalry

That's 805 kill points. I need some help here. How do I shoehorn this template into 720 point, while remaining viable for PvM. It's NOT for PvP ever, so take that into consideration.

Also consider that I just started a new shard, don't have much gold, < 1 mil, and no access to high end arties for a suit, at least not to start with.

2. Gusten

Gusten Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

If not for PvP, then how about simply ditching resist? Looks like a fun, but very mana-heavy template. Best of luck!

3. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Ditching resist means a lot more paralyze oo0o0o0 doesn't it? Was hoping to have an easier time against spell casters having resist. At least that was the plan.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Well, the template I've used and love is:

120 Archery
    110 Weaving
    90 Tactics
    90 Bushido
    90 Healing
    90 Anatomy
    75 Chiv
    50 Med

5. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Doesn't 90 tact and anat lower your damage output a fair bit?
    And how much difference does 110 Weaking do over 100?

What stats are you running? My other problem with making this template a reality is I need the HP to survive, dex to swing fast, but also enough mana, how do you balance that without a multi billion arty suit?

6. Taylor

Yes, 90 tactics lowers your damage output. If you have the extra skill points - e.g., from a hunter's headdress - it would help to raise tactics and anatomy to 100. (I prefer Spirit of the Totem over Hunter's).

110 vs. 100 weaving affects how often you cast WOD. I use WOD a lot. If you don't, you can safely lower to 100. (Personally, I wouldn't go lower than 105).

For stats, you want at least 120 hp, 145 stamina, 80ish mana. 40 lmc is a must, too, due to the mana requirements of weaving. For arties, I wear stormgrip, rune beetle carapace, spirit of the totem, conjurer's trinket, orny (helps with weaving casting), crimmy, shroud of the condemned, and quiver of infinity. For the rest, you want runic pieces with 1-2 mr and as much stamina increase as possible.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you have access to someone with imbuing jewels is the way to go ....

8. Taylor

Yeah, you could put together a pretty sweet hci, di, dex, fc/fcr set.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and most of those skill except spellweaving can go on jewels up to 15 each jewel I would go 13 its much cheaper so inother words you could get plus 26 bushido,heal,anat etc you could easily get 85 points