1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

help me please

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Dai FHA, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Dai FHA

Dai FHA Guest

i was decorating my house and my basket with all my ingots and gems fell under my plot somehow. Does anyone know how to get it out, if it decays i may throw up :-(

2. Dai FHA

Dai FHA Guest

whew gm saved the day :)

3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*points to Dai's siggy*

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I'm glad the GM helped you. I paged for exactly the same issue on Atlantic about a month ago and got no help at all, just useless canned responses.

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Dai, what kind of floor tiles are you using? I'm trying to figure out which are the "holey" ones. I know the plain dirt is.

BTW someone said they used a horde minion to retrieve an item, but I could not get this to work (it was some crystal shards I was decorating with). Another method involves having a friend assist you. They close all their gumps so they will not have load delay issues (all backpacks, radar, etc), then log out over where the item is. You go into deco mode and erase the floor tile over the item, then they log in and try to grab it before they get booted out of the house.

I think that's how it goes. I've never tested it. The GM method is the best but boy it can feel panicky waiting for the GM, and of course if they don't show for three hours your stuff goes poof.

Of course you can always drop the house. Not recommended but if it's 3 AM and this is a house that isn't so full of things you can shove most of the stuff on spare characters then it might be the way to go if you're desperate.

6. good thing they were able to help you

7. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sarsmi, you advised Serafi on this for one of our guildies a few months ago and whilst it needs cobra like reflexes, it most certainly works. We rounded up the pvp'ers we had online and my husband managed to grab the tree! Gotta be real fast tho :)

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

"When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave."

[​IMG]