1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help Me Think This Through (Template)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Taylor, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I realize that Siege is fairly empty of thieves, but I'm nevertheless going to continue training my detective toon. If nothing else, maybe I'll end up in a couple of UOThief stories.

Need help thinking this through. Currently aiming toward this:

100 mage (tamer, so don't need EVs)
    115 eval (paralyze)
    105 taming (cu)
    110 lore
    90 vet
    100 forensic (partly for the title)
    100 detect (do I need all of this?)
    0 Tracking (JOAT; is this enough?)

Obviously, for PvM applications, I'm going to rely pretty heavily on pets. Not enough meditation to cast persistently. Suppose I could soulstone between med/vet for PvP/PvM applications. Hopefully 115 eval will be enough to get off a successful paralyze. Realize that everyone carries trapped boxes, but I just need a brief pause to sick pet.

Will JOAT tracking be enough to find a stealther? Do I need all 100 detect?

Thanks for your insight.

2. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You ask for help with this template yet you state that you are keeping a skill for the title! Are you serious? What is your main objective with this template? What guild are you currently in? Do you have other accounts? If you answer Bo's questions Bo can than point you in the right direction.

Morgana Grim likes this.
  3. Razz

Razz Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

*nods* Bo knows templates

Morgana Grim likes this.
  4. Taylor

The aim is to be a detective, so the detective skill (forensics) is important. The idea is: JOAT track, reveal, paralyze, sick pet. Won't be an expert at PvM or PvP, but hopefully he'll catch an occasional thief (presuming one shows up on Siege).

But please, Bo, enlighten me. No suggestion is too drastic! :)

5. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There are many issues here: assuming you find a thief (good luck highly doubt you will find any), your presumption that you will be able to kill anyone with a paralyze all kill is ridiculous. And what if they have some offensive skills you are toast.
    There are many ways to go about it, Bo thinks taming is actually going to hinder your chances of finding anyone. The second a stealther sees a tamer they usually say f-it and move on. Now Bo isnt saying Bo's way is the best but you will have a better chance at finding someone with it.

120 weapon
    90 tact
    120 ninja
    100 hid
    80 stealth
    100 detect
    100 track
    100 fore

well as you can see that temp is 90 points heavy, so Bo would actually lose your 100 fore. You arent going to find a thief without sneaking up on them, the second they see you coming they will evade all your attempts.

6. Taylor

Ah, ha. Do you think that JAOT tracking is insufficient? Also, how do I heal with this template?

7. Screws

Screws Adventurer

Not true at all... tamers are a prime target to get quickly nuked down while their pet is busy, and stealthers feel safe just about anywhere because it's so rare for anyone to use anything to detect them when they aren't already being chased.

8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Dog/cat form.

9. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Also this is not a full on pvp template so healing isn't as important. Pots and smokebombs will be your friend. Dog/cat form as stated above... You're looking at a hit and hide template. Shock and Awe! If you don't kill them with your tracking deathstrike and followup moves it's better to hide and try again. Can't sustain long combat with that template.

**Maybe load up on HPR as well... that will definitely help the health issue.

10. Taylor

Ok. So hit wolf form or smoke bomb in a jam. So, if I go swords/bokuto, I could nerve strike, then fall back on feint if target's low but fighting back.

11. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

indeed you are correct but if you read the original post you will see he isnt going to be farming. He stated he will be lookin for stealthers, so the pet wont be busy doing anything except killing you. And trust the Bo, when Bo sees a tamer coming at the Bo lookin for a fight it usually ends bad for the Bo or any stealther.

12. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Don't forget Nerve Strike ability requires Tactics, Swords and Bushido... I dont think I saw bushido on that template.

I think bo and others that ran successful tracking templates always used a kryss/warfork combo. Could be wrong though. Disarm/AI/Bleed is a tough combo

13. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

The Aim is for you to die to Da Fudd....Get your silly behind out of the house, wonder around my land which is YEW and get a free death robe........

MUWHAHAHHAHA

14. Taylor

Re-installing. Been a few years. How's this template for killing stealthers nowadays?

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*trembles with fear* :eek:

Flair and Spiffykeen like this.
  16. Flair

Flair Lore Keeper
    OrderOfDrunkenElders

*giggles*
    you realize this game is black and white right Taylor...:p

Spiffykeen likes this.
  17. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

You'll not find Talia stealth craftin, suit!

18. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

welcome to siege!

19. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bo thinks it still sucks, much like it did 2 years ago! You are going to get run over by any half decent pvper. The only people you could kill on that temp is prolly the peeps you will be hangin with.

Idico, chise2 and Rizarium like this.
  20. Rohan732

Rohan732 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Things used to be so much simpler. Since I haven't played the game in almost 9 years, I've lost all interest in looking at any of the new skills or whatnot.

21. SilasII

SilasII Visitor

Bo has a point.. but I think you can still do some damage with the right gear... But I'm no expert and it's been a ong time since I have done any PVP, and Im not sure if the bow can still be made.. Race: Elf Skills: 105 Tame 115 Lore 80 Chiv 90 Archer 90 Tactic 100 Forensic 100 Tracking 40 Reveal Weapon: Bow - The Paralyzer 50 Hit Mana Leech 40 Hit Lower Defense Balanced 30 Swing Speed / 40 with ash 13 Damage Increase

22. Rizarium

Rizarium Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Rohan! How are you bro?

23. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

I agree with Bo; you're not going to catch & track thieves without stealth.

Weapon skill and ninjitsu is a good offense.

Maybe you could try for a magery offense as well, depending on how you want to kill.

By the way, there are very few thieves on the shard. You probably will get bored of this template very quickly.

#23 ApollyonSP, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    Taylor likes this.
  24. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

omg Taylor on Siege!

25. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

He wears a suit and tie in game too, even to bed.

Spiffykeen and Taylor like this.