1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

{ Help me with my template? }

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by birdtail, May 4, 2009.

1. birdtail

birdtail Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

tonight, a guildie and I got into a very passionate argument about my skills.

This is what i have with no jewels, etc:

110 lore
    95.3 taming (soon to be 110 taming)
    87.1 veterinary (i want to lock at 85)
    100 magery (locked, but i have a 115 scroll on it)
    86.5 meditation (locking down at 85?)
    100 archery
    36 tactics (trying to raise)

I am a 5th year vet so i have the extra 20 points to allocate, as well as a +20 or +25 in the future.

Now, i love taming with a passion. i also love Magery. I ALSO happen to love archery.

my guildie said that since i dont have Eval Int, i am doing almost no damage with my spells.
    he said i needed to make a choice and drop one of the above.

I LOVE my combo, but... i need help trying to decide what's best for me (note: I am not changing Taming, period).

I will be doing PvM, mostly peerless and spawns. if I have any PvP interaction, it will be in defense.

Can someone help me construct the perfect template for a spellcaster/tamer/archer? Is this possible to do?

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If it works for you, by all means, stick with it.

If you have no EI on your character, then you need to stick to spells like mind blast in order to maximize your damage. None of the other offensive spells work well without EI.

You can also maximize your skills by using a -20 mage weapon bow, increasing your magery, adding tactics. You won't be able to use weapons specials that way, which will definitely interfere with your maximum damage potential, but you will be able to shoot arrows and spells.

Try this out for an end product:
    110 taming
    110 lore
    110 archery
    100 magery
    100 meditation
    100 vet
    90 tactics

Then when you raise your magery to 115, you can take those points out of vet.

Eventually you'll want more archery as well, but you can take away from meditation when that happens.

3. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Unless there is some reason not to, you might want to consider trading EvalInt for Meditation.

4. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

Max's rule #1: Play/Make a character you like and ***** everyone else. Not everyone has to have the uber template with the 500 gazillion gold piece suit with the "S" on the chest to have fun and HAVING FUN is the main point of playing ANY game.

Now with that out of my system, my suggestion is

110 Taming
    110 Lore
    90 Vet
    110 Magery
    110 Archery
    100 Meditation
    90 Tactics

5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

The beauty of living in a SoulStone world is you can easily try different skill combinations without having to delete a skill or create a new char. Try them all.

6. birdtail

birdtail Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

thanks so much for the re-assurance and helpfulness, you guys :D

I am going to follow it :)

-Harliquinn of Baja.

7. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Other people will disagree with this,

Remeber you can use skill items to raise it up a notch(hunters headress +20 archery, Crystaline ring +20 magery)

8. That is what I am thinking. It's said that you become dependent on items, but what else are they for? IF they make you more powerful, great! Using the items you suggest, use those extra 40 points and combine with Max's template:

110 Taming
    110 Lore
    90 Vet
    95 (+Crystal Ring for 115 Magery) Magery
    100 (Real +120 Scroll) Archery
    110 Meditation/Eval Int
    100 Tactics

+5 points to use wherever. The 100 Tactics will give you a 6.25% damage bonus.
    I would also look for good HCI jewelry. I've got some with Taming/vet skill that would even give you more skill points to use if you wanted.

9. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

And you can use Enhanced Bandages to raise your Vet skill (even above 120.0) by 10.0. Applies to Vet only, not rezzing.